View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Thank you Wys - I think that all your points are very valid, and as usual give food for thought.

Every bit of advice is so welcome, and it gives me heart to keep going. I don't mind how long it takes, and as long as we continue taking tiny steps forward then that is fine.
cardaph
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-06-2010, 08:03 AM

I agree it's so nice having a real expert giving advice.

I received a questionnaire from the behaviourist yesterday to take with us when we go so I have my homework to do lol!

1cutedog hope you get the sitter organised soon so you can get to the library soon.

I sell all sorts of household and other things really, My user name if you want to have a nosey is greenmagnolia58 .

Bitkin that was great you were able to leave jimmi without him getting upset it's all a step forward isn't it. Bessie is usually ok once whichever one of us it is is actually out of the house, it's the getting out that is a problem, she does everything she can to stop us going!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Cardaph I can just imagine you sitting poring over that questionnaire, chewing on your pencil!!!

Yes, whilst Jimmi was not overly stressed during the day that he was left alone with husband (i.e., he didn't wee and poop all over the floor or wreck the house!), he was not particularly happy either, and I have since learnt that on his walk he just moped along with his tail down which is not like him at all. I have been popping out to the shops every day since, just for half an hour or so, or maybe a little longer, and he still waits by the window for my return. If husband goes out, he is not in the least bit bothered no matter how long he is away and often does not even deign to go to greet him on his return much to his chagrin Funnily enough though, this was not the case on the day following my day out........Jimmi was suddenly very much aware of what husband was up to, and when he went out for an hour Jimmi greeted him like a long lost friend when he returned. So briefly, just for a day, husband represented security I think.

I have tried very hard not to get into this favouritism situation with Jimmi, because with our previous dogs it was more or less unavoidable as Husband was out at work all day so naturally I was the constant human in their lives. Now that he is retired and at home most of the time it is easier to share duties such as feeding etc. We take it in turns to get up in the morning to let Jimmi out and give him his brekkie (well - I do like the odd lie in so this was a good ruse! ), and we also share the little bit of training that petit pois brain can cope with. So I am not entirely sure how this imbalance has come about Nor am I sure that any of this has any bearing whatsoever on Jimmi not being able to be left home alone!!!! Wys's suggestions are probably right..............oh my brain hurts.

*lugs out extra large magic bottle and pours a vast amount into one of the new lead crystal glasses which can be found in the cupboard under all the files pertaining to this thread!!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2010, 07:01 PM
*sobs

"All alone am I..........tra la la laaaaa!!!!"

Hmph, if 1cutedog with Lana and Cardaph with Bessie have swanned off out leaving their dogs peacefully sleeping then I am going to hit that virtual bottle all by myself whilst Jimmi keeps one beady eye on my movements
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Alone? Nope, you know I'm always around.... * I love readi g this thread... But don't always answer as I often cannot help.... But I'm here.... No worries

* helps herself to the magic bottle

xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Lol, you can pour me a large one coz I'm still popping in to keep up to date It'll go down nicely with the dover sole I'm cooking atm!!!

From what you've put there Bitkin, I reckon it could be to your advantage if Jimmi shares his affection with both of you quite honestly, it might help him with his addiction to just you, and therefore, it might get more acceptable to him that you have disappeared, but he still has the other love of his life. As for when you both venture out, that's another story isn't it!

Another week, and you've been working so hard again, I'm sure things will progress as the weeks go on, I can't remember how many weeks ago it was that we started this thread, but it seems like a very long time, and it must feel like an eternity to you, but you're getting there like that preverbial (sp?) snail! Keep up the good work, I'm off for that fish I caught today, thanks for the drink!
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Hi Helena,

what do you think? Bitkin's had one magic swig too many? maybe they're all sleeping it off.... anyway, hope your Dover sole was nice.....
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2010, 07:49 PM
That Dover sole sounds glorious, and I am drooling even though we had brown trout for dinner tonight.........lovely, but Dover sole is so special isn't it.

Yes it does seem like a lifetime since we all started on this thread, but I am now more or less resigned to the very long haul that is ahead and know that there will be setbacks along the way. I cannot wait for Cardaph to report in after her consultation though - perhaps there is something new that none of us have thought of??

Cintvelt, it is good to know that you are there lurking in the background!!! The words of support from the likes of you, Helena and Wys are more useful and welcome than you can imagine.

Cheers!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by cintvelt View Post
Hi Helena,

what do you think? Bitkin's had one magic swig too many? maybe they're all sleeping it off.... anyway, hope your Dover sole was nice.....
Nobody needs it more than she does though cintvelt hey?!! I'm sure Jimmi would even turn me to drink and I'm teetotal now!!! Oh that sole was divine, I could live on those!!!

Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
That Dover sole sounds glorious, and I am drooling even though we had brown trout for dinner tonight.........lovely, but Dover sole is so special isn't it.

Yes it does seem like a lifetime since we all started on this thread, but I am now more or less resigned to the very long haul that is ahead and know that there will be setbacks along the way. I cannot wait for Cardaph to report in after her consultation though - perhaps there is something new that none of us have thought of??

Cintvelt, it is good to know that you are there lurking in the background!!! The words of support from the likes of you, Helena and Wys are more useful and welcome than you can imagine.

Cheers!!!
Oh good, we were worried you might have disappeared somewhere with our bottle Bitkin!!!! I too am waited with baited breath for Cardaph's report after her behaviourist's visit, it will be interesting for all of us, let's just hope he/she doesn't turn to drink at the end of it though!!!

I've got a bit of a thing about dover soles, I used to ask for them from 4 yrs old or so I've been told, and I'm lucky enough to live near the seafront where all the nice fishermen bring in their morning catch, so I'm always down there at my favourite friend who saves me the nice ones, he even rings me now to tell me when he's caught some!!! I feel a bit guilty when Dave has corned beef salad though and I have a dover sole!!! NOT!!!

Hey ho, keep up the good work, I know it's going to be a long old haul, but I also know it'll be well worth every single ounce of effort you have and will put in.

Having said that, my perfect, obedient, never do wrong little angel lying here at my feet, had a little blip herself today which involved me being upstairs, me throwing down a new packet of cotton wool pads for hubby's bathroom, and her out on the lawn enjoying the contents of it when I came back downstairs That told me didn't it, how very dare I go upstairs when it's playtime!!!!!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2010, 08:42 PM

I have used everything green that I can find...........oh you lucky thing Helena; all that glorious Dover Sole. I suppose that they land vast fat prawns there too??

I find myself feeling a little pleased that your angel destroyed that bag of cotton pads!!!! Oh dear, jealousy is such a horrible emotion!!!

Oops, better get back to the point of the thread in case I am told off. (Still, nobody has confiscated our bottle yet )
Page 16 of 44 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 > Last »