View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chico
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-04-2005, 07:15 PM
i totally agree with borderdawn and mischevious, these dogs can have some terrible problems not just with their skin and eyesight but also their hearing, temperament and conformation, please visit this site and you will see what I mean :

http://www.geocities.com/~amazondoc/albinism/
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2005, 08:09 PM
What a lovely dog ive never seen one of these before what a shame they get breed in this way and have so many health problems
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2005, 08:29 PM
I cant believe people would breed an animal and not care what health problems that the dogs may have! Poor doggies!! I dont think that FootyBird was being cruel about the dobe being cool, not everyone is clued up, its not like we get taught this at school is it! Anyway when she read about about it she understand that this is a terrible thing!!

StaffieMad
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2005, 08:31 PM
I have to say not so keen on the look for health reasons, bad enough having a white dog in the sun but can you imagine a dog like this? I have seen these pics on the molosserdogs website.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2005, 09:05 PM
I don't think Footybird had the slightest bad intention at all. In fact its a good thing the thread was posted, now everybody is aware of these dogs, Footybird has done the breed a huge favour, I for one am very pleased.
Dawn.
Footybird11
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2005, 12:30 AM
Thanks Staffie mad, and borderdawn for understanding what I actuaaly mean!!! And myschievous is right they may not nessacarily be purposly bred like that all the time sometimes they just have a pigment defect, which is what I originly thought when I saw the pic. As we have albino wallabies where I work that have bred naturally with grey wallabies and the pigment defect has effected two of the young. But this was not purposly done, or totally expected.
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 07:26 AM
They come with so many health problems there is nothing cool about them, they can all be traced back to 1 bitch and they are bred for one reason only and thats money. I cant see what the attraction is give me a black or brown any day.
Mary
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 07:53 AM
Unfortunately they have been purposely bred and in this Country! from an imported bitch. I won't go into the whys and where-fors, suffice to say the majority of genuine Dobermann folk were disgusted and horrified.
Dawn.
Footybird11
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2005, 10:00 PM
How do people know that they are all bred from one bitch? why can't some of them actually be born with an unlucky defect??? And then they may pass the gene onto babies!!! And I KNOW that they SHOULDN't be bred from but then that means they would be from a different bitch. I also prefer the 'normal' colours but just because it shouldn't be bred and aren't 'normal' don't mean they are any different or cool in some way or another!!!
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 10:35 PM
This is a really contentious, heated debate for the dobermann community. I remember being on a dobermann forum years ago where people were actually calling for the culling of albino puppies. When I asked if they thought it ok to at least rescue one of these dobermanns, the replies were along the lines of "absolutely no way, they should be culled - if you rescue one and walk it, people will admire it and want one".

I know nothing about the origins of any cases of albinism, but I would be surprised if this one bitch manufactured her albino genes on her own The bitch's parents would both have to be carriers or presenters of the recessive gene.

Becs
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »