Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2007, 12:19 PM

Pet Store to the Stars sell's Puppy Mill Puppies

Story
Here is the story and I may have sent this email to them

I have read with horror the investigation of the selling of puppies from your stores and you claiming that they aren't from puppy mills. Were you born yesterday?
Can I just explain to you about responsible. ethical dog breeders.
They DONT sell to pet stores under any circumstances so not one of the puppies you sell comes from anyone other than someone breeding for money, a puppy mill, that's a FACT. The fact that you are selling crossbreeds as well with stupid 'oodle and 'anything a poo' names proves the point.
Anyone who works for your company is neither an animal nor dog lover to allow such practices to continue. If you genuinely wanted to promote responsible breeding and buying of puppies you wouldn't be able to get anything 'to order' you'd refer all puppy buyers to reputable breed clubs for their chosen breed so they can be passed onto responsible breeders.
I'll say it again to make sure you have got the point.
NO RESPONSIBLE, ETHICAL, REPUTABLE BREEDER WOULD SELL ANY PUPPY TO BE SOLD THROUGH A PET STORE.
That's a FACT! Stop treating puppies as a thing to be sold for profit by yourselves and start seeing them as the beautiful LIVING creatures that they are, they are not a commodity or fashion accessory for those with more money than sense, they are living breathing creatures that deserve sensible, intelligent homes with people who have put in the time and effort to research their chosen breed thoroughly.
If you think differently then you really need to have a good look at yourself.
Becky Smith, proud responsible, fully health tested, home reared Miniature Poodle Breeder!

Becky

Do you think I'll get sued?
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Well put Becky! - that story makes me feel so sad poor babies xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2007, 01:34 PM
Well done Becky....If they tried to sue you I think that they would look pretty bad
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Well done Becky....If they tried to sue you I think that they would look pretty bad
I would make sure they did
Becky
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2007, 05:31 PM
its disgusting there is a pet shop locally that sells "puppies and kittens to order"

its bl**dy disgusting!!!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Story
Here is the story and I may have sent this email to them

I have read with horror the investigation of the selling of puppies from your stores and you claiming that they aren't from puppy mills. Were you born yesterday?
Can I just explain to you about responsible. ethical dog breeders.
They DONT sell to pet stores under any circumstances so not one of the puppies you sell comes from anyone other than someone breeding for money, a puppy mill, that's a FACT. The fact that you are selling crossbreeds as well with stupid 'oodle and 'anything a poo' names proves the point.
Anyone who works for your company is neither an animal nor dog lover to allow such practices to continue. If you genuinely wanted to promote responsible breeding and buying of puppies you wouldn't be able to get anything 'to order' you'd refer all puppy buyers to reputable breed clubs for their chosen breed so they can be passed onto responsible breeders.
I'll say it again to make sure you have got the point.
NO RESPONSIBLE, ETHICAL, REPUTABLE BREEDER WOULD SELL ANY PUPPY TO BE SOLD THROUGH A PET STORE.
That's a FACT! Stop treating puppies as a thing to be sold for profit by yourselves and start seeing them as the beautiful LIVING creatures that they are, they are not a commodity or fashion accessory for those with more money than sense, they are living breathing creatures that deserve sensible, intelligent homes with people who have put in the time and effort to research their chosen breed thoroughly.
If you think differently then you really need to have a good look at yourself.
Becky Smith, proud responsible, fully health tested, home reared Miniature Poodle Breeder!

Becky

Do you think I'll get sued?
Well said Becky , those people make my blood boil xxdk
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Well done Becky, This diabolical puppy farming is never going to stop if high profile places like that are blatantly using them.
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2007, 12:01 PM
I had to edit this,...
I googled 'pet stores to the stars' and it appears it's american, I thought it was happening here (heaven forbid). Looks like they are shut down now?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Unfortunately my email has been returned because their mail box is full so I'll have to try again
Becky