Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2010, 09:01 AM

My foster girl is leaving soon...

It will be 3 weeks this Saturday that we have had Sophie but I've been told by the rescue that her prospective new owners are being homechecked this week. That is wonderful news for this special little collie.

Despite her previous owner telling a different story, I think life has been very difficult for Sophie. She is definitely coming out of her shell and feeling more confident, but I think she needs to be settled with a family that she can call her own which will help to build her confidence even more.

We will be so sad to see this quiet, gentle little girl go, but I'm delighted that she hasn't had to wait very long for her new home.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Aww, that's great news for Sophie. Must be hard for you though.x
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2010, 09:27 AM
Thats such good news Claire. You've helped Sophie realise that there is more to life out there and she doesnt have to hide away and make herself invisible. I hope you like her new owners, Im sure you well. Big hugs to you and Hannah when Sophie does find her forever home. xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2010, 09:58 AM
It's great news, Claire, but I honestly don't know how you do it...... I would be weeping buckets.....

x0x
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2010, 10:40 AM
That is great news for Sophie, she sounds like a beautiful girl who deserves a forever home.
You have started paving a way for this girl that is nothing but great and you should be so proud of Sophie and yourself, you showed her humans don't all treat them with disregard.
I have no doubt there will be tears, it is so hard to hand them over but know they don't just settle for any one willing to take her.
You know where I am if you need to talk xxxx
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Aww, that's great news for Sophie. Must be hard for you though.x
It really is. She is an absolute delight and has done nothing to warrant being abandoned twice now. My heart did sink when I saw the email. I knew there was interest in her but I didn't realise it would happen so quickly.

Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Thats such good news Claire. You've helped Sophie realise that there is more to life out there and she doesnt have to hide away and make herself invisible. I hope you like her new owners, Im sure you well. Big hugs to you and Hannah when Sophie does find her forever home. xx
It's funny Gerri, cos it's really been the last couple of days that she has actually asked for attention. She will now nudge you with her head and ask to be stroked. That is wonderful considering she wouldn't even walk in a room without being asked in the beginning! Kymm has said the couple are wonderful! There was a lot of interest but she has chosen these people so I'm sure they will be fine. Thanks matey, we'll be very sad to see her go. I was so tempted to keep her but it would have defeated the object of what I set out to do. xxxxx

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
It's great news, Claire, but I honestly don't know how you do it...... I would be weeping buckets.....

x0x
I don't think I'll be too happy watching her go Vicki! Reckon I'll take my 2 out for a long walk but it will be hard. She has fitted in so ridiculously well and initially I did wonder whether we should keep her. But she deserves to be an only dog, the centre of someones world. I know that she has enjoyed her time with us and that it has been so much better than being in kennels. She would have hated that. It'll be wonderful to see photos when she is settled in her new home.

Originally Posted by Emma View Post
That is great news for Sophie, she sounds like a beautiful girl who deserves a forever home.
You have started paving a way for this girl that is nothing but great and you should be so proud of Sophie and yourself, you showed her humans don't all treat them with disregard.
I have no doubt there will be tears, it is so hard to hand them over but know they don't just settle for any one willing to take her.
You know where I am if you need to talk xxxx
She really is Emma. There is nothing bad about her and she has the sweetest nature ever. She does make Dylan look like a complete loon, but then he actually is! She is a total lady and very dainty. I have wrongly thought that all rescue dogs will have some kind of issue or problem, but Sophie really is almost perfect. Yes, she is wary of men, but she has shown that with kindness and patience, she can be won over. It's desperately sad that she has been through 2 different homes and I hope more than anything, her new home is the perfect one for her. I know the rescue are very strict, the homecheck I had was very thorough and she wanted to see my cats aswell so I'm sure that all will be well. Kymm, who runs the rescue, is doing the homecheck so that makes me happy too. I want this little girl to know nothing but happiness and contentment for the rest of her life. Thanks Emma, I will no doubt be sending you a message on the 'day'! xxxxx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2010, 11:51 AM
oh, thats great news for Sophie! it must be so hard to see them go, but at least you know she will be going to a home where she will be loved and happy and then if you get another foster they will take your mind off her leaving!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
oh, thats great news for Sophie! it must be so hard to see them go, but at least you know she will be going to a home where she will be loved and happy and then if you get another foster they will take your mind off her leaving!
I'm hoping that will be the case! Kymm did say that there will be more and it would be great to ease another dogs confusion and stress. It will be so wonderful to know that she will be loved and safe in her very own home!