View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bulldogtwinkle
New Member!

05-04-2005, 12:01 PM

british bulldog wanted

can anybody help me find a british bulldog.
I live in Mallorca (spain) and i am trying to find a british bulldog, i can get a puppy here but they want a fortune for them, I dont mind paying for one but at 29 i dont have a lot to spend, i also have to take into consideration the cost of passports and flights for the dog to be brought over here
any help would be great
cheers
Lolli
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-04-2005, 01:03 PM
Think you'll find they want a fortune for them over here too Lolli, and what with the cost of getting it to you that's going to be one very expensive puppy.
afc101
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-04-2005, 03:13 PM
Does anyone know how well suited a british bulldog would be over there with the weather, just a thought as I've seen some strugle with the weather over here in England when it gets hot which isn't that often.
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Lolli, if you do get a bulldog in Spain, make sure you always have loads of cold, fresh drinking water to hand and an essential is lemon juice - this helps cuts through the phlegm that can build up and choke them.

Anne's right - they're very expensive puppies everywhere.

Becs
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2005, 04:03 PM
yeah i would think carefully about this
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2005, 05:53 PM
Yeah I would think very carefully. Personally you have a much better alternative in Mallorca - the Mallorcan Bulldog a really old breed native to Spain therefore accustomised to the climate,suffers none of the health problems as the English Bulldog but I guess a lot different in looks - still a bulldog though! Good luck whatever you decide, please please do as much research as possible before deciding, I am guessing a rescue will be out of the question all about your native breed already but for those that dont:

Mallorquin Bulldog/Ca De Bou

bulldogtwinkle
New Member!

07-04-2005, 01:44 PM
thanks everyone, I have lived here for 4 years so i can understand the concern about the heat and i have given this plenty of thought and researched it well i have also spoken to breeders in the uk, there are quite a lot of bulldogs out here already, and they all seam to cope prety well, I live in a large house that is very cool with plenty of shady areas, so i should be able to keep the heat to a minimal, if anything turns up i will keep you posted

thanks again
Lolli

p.s its very cold here in the winter its only july and august that are extreme heat