View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-01-2008, 01:45 AM
So if you wanted a mongrel - what would you do ?

For e.g ....people rehoming a litter of mongrels without charging. As per the litter Skye was from - any that haven't got homes by a certain date go to rescue.

Anyway - night all
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2008, 01:49 AM
I don't understand on ANY level why breeding a litter of mongrels is right ! The health and history for one !! If an accidental mating occured, it can be remedied or if they refuse to do that, the litter should go through a rescue where the people should be vetted thoroughly, instead of given away to Joe Bloggs who rings from the Paper !!!
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-01-2008, 02:07 AM
I personally think that not all people who advertise in papers are byb's etc, Kodi's litter for example was advertised in a paper, as there was more pups than expected, 2 of the pups were spoken for from the owners of the dam and another 2/3 were spoken for aswell before the mating took place, both dogs are from excellent lines and hip scored and Kodi has turned out to be a very good dog, in looks and temperment etc. (Hips etc will have to wait another 2-4 months as he's only 10 months just now)

By internet, do you mean just the internet in general or certain sites?... I don't think anyone has a problem with using the internet to help find a good responsiable breeder, well I hope not
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2008, 02:23 AM
Originally Posted by x_rose_x View Post
I personally think that not all people who advertise in papers are byb's etc, Kodi's litter for example was advertised in a paper, as there was more pups than expected, 2 of the pups were spoken for from the owners of the dam and another 2/3 were spoken for aswell before the mating took place, both dogs are from excellent lines and hip scored and Kodi has turned out to be a very good dog, in looks and temperment etc. (Hips etc will have to wait another 2-4 months as he's only 10 months just now)

By internet, do you mean just the internet in general or certain sites?... I don't think anyone has a problem with using the internet to help find a good responsiable breeder, well I hope not
i meant internet as in google-finding breeders online, like champ dogs? and things like that? also maybe e pu pz (thallt prob be delted but it begins with a E! you know the one i mean!)

that only sell dogs and puppies?
i dont really mean gumtree...to me thats a very weird site with odd people on it-ive had them email me!

i was just interested for my own curosity really, as my boyfs work friend got his dog (goldie cross GSD) crimbo before last from the paper, it was £250 and he basically phoned them and went to see them, 2 days later brough it home! the boyf & I were shocked as its a cross, very expensive and no mention of health, but then he doesnt know where to look, he wanted a dog so he looked in the paper......and bought one! then my partner always said 'oh look in the paper'
so i thought maybe thats what most people do, but as im a computer nerd! id be like 'look online!'

i did phone someone jsut before i got archie in the paper on a bit of awhim once i found out i could have a dog and it turns out she was a well known place and all health tests/hip scores/kc reg etc, and she was advertising there?

i mean if you Are a good breeder why not advertise there? i mean there where alot of people would look? i mean i only jsut found out about a GSD breed council and i looked into GSD for 4 years!! and i found the person who i love through google and shes fab well known and all health tests really recomended etc

but say you are starting out, how can people know you by word of mouth? surely people have to start somewhere?
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2008, 02:26 AM
wouldn't touch E!"!£Z with a barge pole. I didnt start breeding till I'd been in the breed years and was known by the breed clubs then i asked advise got the bitch health tested etc. Bronwyns breeder reccomended me to buyers for the first litter as she bred a few months before and I got her reserve list.
The breed club makes sure only health tested dogs and ethical breeders are promoted,
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-01-2008, 02:29 AM
Florrie, a purpose x bred, was through word of mouth I heard of the breeder, but found the breeder on an ad.
Ralph's breeder I found through an online add too, wasn't going for a pup in that litter but ended up with one anywya-but my plan was for a pup from a future litter.
Both my dogs, even the x-bred, have been from health tested dogs. Both breeders, despite a discrepency which has since been rectified between us & Ralph's breeders, have been good too.
It's not as simple as everyone's the same tbf. At least I don't think so anyway.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2008, 02:29 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
So if you wanted a mongrel - what would you do ?

For e.g ....people rehoming a litter of mongrels without charging. As per the litter Skye was from - any that haven't got homes by a certain date go to rescue.

Anyway - night all
id prob and being honest if i really wanted one id either take one for free id buy one at a resaonable price, i phoned about 10 resuces when i found out we could have a dog, and the answer was the same Every time 'no garden no dog' i was like, 'but im a really nice person love dogs home all day wants a dog! wants to train them etc!!' but that was that! 'phone back when you have a garden!!'

luckly the boyf heard about this lady through a friend or we woudlnt have found archie.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2008, 02:30 AM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
wouldn't touch E!"!£Z with a barge pole. I didnt start breeding till I'd been in the breed years and was known by the breed clubs then i asked advise got the bitch health tested etc. Bronwyns breeder reccomended me to buyers for the first litter as she bred a few months before and I got her reserve list.
The breed club makes sure only health tested dogs and ethical breeders are promoted,
lol why not? they cant all be bad on there!! ive seen some good'ens!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2008, 02:31 AM
I agree, and I too would avoid EP*!z like the plague. Apologies to anyone who advertises there, but in at least a dozen breeds that I know of, ONLY the BYBs and PFs advertise there, reputable breeders wouldn't touch it.
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-01-2008, 02:34 AM
Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
i meant internet as in google-finding breeders online, like champ dogs? and things like that? also maybe e pu pz (thallt prob be delted but it begins with a E! you know the one i mean!)
e pup z I wouldn't go near, However some breeders who I have been recommend through word of mouth as being very good breeders(waiting list/health tests/kc reg etc.) are on champ dogs, aswell as having there own website
So I don't think it's as simple as saying if someone advertises on such and such they are bad breeders etc.
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »