Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2006, 11:48 AM

Elizabeth was so good

Hi,
Well we got to the Dentist,and she was golden.
They put some gel on the gum to numb it and then gave her local ansethic(sp)She never even flinched,the dentist was really good though and explained everything she was doing,and when she was drilling i am sitting in the corner crinching
Tom's turn in an hour,hope he's as good.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Aww well done Elizabeth - not nice having fillings. Rhianna had to have one last year - I was shocked because she hardly has sweets at all - apparently it was Ribena that was doing it - she always had to have a drink took up to bed at night and this was the cause of it we think
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2006, 01:07 PM
I hate taking the children to the dentist. Last year Kieran (10 at the time) had to have his front milk tooth taken out as a baby he fell on his teeth and one of them was wedged in refusing to fall out even though his second tooth was down. We went to an orthodontist, she was excellent, gave him some 'magic' air, which made his fingers and toes tingle, gave him the injection in his gum, he didn't flinch.....pulled the tooth out, which was well and truly stuck, he didn't complain at all.......unlike me who was sat there thinking 'you hurt my baby you'll be in big trouble'.....lol.

Next job is to get our nearly 18 year old to have a filling......that should be fun......NOT!!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers View Post
I hate taking the children to the dentist. Last year Kieran (10 at the time) had to have his front milk tooth taken out as a baby he fell on his teeth and one of them was wedged in refusing to fall out even though his second tooth was down. We went to an orthodontist, she was excellent, gave him some 'magic' air, which made his fingers and toes tingle, gave him the injection in his gum, he didn't flinch.....pulled the tooth out, which was well and truly stuck, he didn't complain at all.......unlike me who was sat there thinking 'you hurt my baby you'll be in big trouble'.....lol.

Next job is to get our nearly 18 year old to have a filling......that should be fun......NOT!!

Aww tell him it doesn't hurt - I have had four replaced this year and I didn't feel a thing after the needle
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Well Tom was exellent too,god it must just be me that's terrified
I am on the waiting list to get mine sorted,mine are dreadful
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2006, 04:03 PM
Sounds like you've struck gold with your dentist. Some have a way with kids, and the little ones will do anything to show how brave they are Did they get stickers?
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by duboing View Post
Sounds like you've struck gold with your dentist. Some have a way with kids, and the little ones will do anything to show how brave they are Did they get stickers?
She was lovely,really talked to the kids and made them feel very comfortable
She didn't hurt either of them and yep they got a sticker
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by nissanmad View Post
She was lovely,really talked to the kids and made them feel very comfortable
She didn't hurt either of them and yep they got a sticker
Our meanie dentist doesn't give stickers - our other dentist did - he used to give them a pencil, balloon and a sticker but our new 'private' dentist gives them nothing
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Our meanie dentist doesn't give stickers - our other dentist did - he used to give them a pencil, balloon and a sticker but our new 'private' dentist gives them nothing
What a mean dentist,i bet there raking in the money too
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by nissanmad View Post
What a mean dentist,i bet there raking in the money too
I know He took over the practise when our other dentist retired to the Lake District in his mid 50's and he never gave stickers and things when he was NHS which is a bit mean when the kids who had been going to that practise for years had come to expect it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >