View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2006, 03:40 PM
It looks bad I know but don't worry. It will heal up, just try to keep it clean and don't let her lick it. Tally was just the same, took a little longer to heal up but is ok now. If the vet is not worried then take his/her advice and let nature take it's course. She will heal up ok. In the meantime give her lots of cuddles.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2006, 03:55 PM
My worry would be if the wound is open infection could get into the wound and infect the internal parts, particularly in this hot weather. Would guess that whilst she is on AD's she will be ok but I would be very particular about her bedding and the floor until the would closes properly. Would also expect to see improvement in the next 48 hours and if not I think I would be back to the vet.
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-07-2006, 04:05 PM
When we had Poppy spayed in November, she developed a stitch abccess (sp?). I was told that the stitches were dissolvable, but the 2 at the top and bottom of the opening where they tie the stitching material did not dissolve and she developed an abccess. She had to have anti-biotics for 10 days then they took the stitches out.

I digress. While I was talking to the vet, she said that a lot of dogs tend to have an allergic reaction to the stitching material. Apparently they now use the same "thread" as they use on horses, cows etc because it's so strong and reduces the chance of the stitches tearing.

Looks to me like another case of allergic reaction. I hope she's on the mend soon. x
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2