Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chloe-louise
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-07-2006, 12:09 PM

Could it be mastitis???

Hi my girl is pregnant she has 4 days left the set of nipples scond from back have become swollen and hard and abit painful is this normal or could it be mastits?
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2006, 12:33 PM
i would think it more likely that her milk is in the back teats do come in first ....all i can say is she may NOT have 4 days to go

will she let you put a little pressure on them i bet its just milk .....of course if its not and its puss and blood then you will need to see a vet today
chloe-louise
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-07-2006, 12:40 PM
I tried to squeeze them gently and there was no milk or puss, there not hot or red but when i did squeeze them she gave a little growl, nothing viscious as shes not like that just a little there sore please dont do that growl.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2006, 01:00 PM
oik with 4 days to go she won't be happy about being touched to much .. i suspect she won't go to date
chloe-louise
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-07-2006, 01:02 PM
Thats what we think aswell, her last litter she was bang on dates but il be suprised if she hangs on till then, shes actually due on tuesday/wednesday but i think it will be this weekend.
Thank you so much for your replies i feel better now, just have to keep a very close eye on her.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2006, 01:03 PM
please let us know how things go
chloe-louise
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-07-2006, 01:09 PM
Oh dont worry i will do, im so excited i will be shouting it from the roof tops.