View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2006, 03:43 PM
ooohhh diesel didn't have a bandage on when i got her back she did at the vets overnight to help with swelling but that was removed in the morning,if i were you i would call them just to check everything is o.k. charlie probably knows that his support has gone and it will probably take a few days for him to try to use it again sorry i can't be more help
mummysboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Thanks Griff. I just wish I had a list of things to expect after surgery, then I wouldn't feel as if I was wasting the vet's time, I wouldn't want to be worrying about every little thing.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-07-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by mummysboy
It's me again! This question is pointed more to Griff (hope you are around somewhere) or anyone that has experience with this. Charlie had his bandage removed yesterday by the vet, and since then he has been dragging the leg not putting any weight on it. He did at least put some weight on it when the bandage was on (I know this supported the leg a lot). Should I be worried or is this normal? Many thanks.
Hi mummysboy I would guess the leg feels different without the bandage and Charlie now has to get used to the leg without the bandage being there. The vet obviously saw the leg when the bandage was removed so must have been happy it was going on ok.
mummysboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-07-2006, 05:39 PM
Hi Minihaha, yes the vet is very pleased with him. We now have to start 5 min gentle walk every day. I guess he will have to put some weight on it at some point! Just concerned he's putting pressure on the other leg. We'll see how he goes.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2006, 05:50 PM
It was some time before Ozzy wanted to put any weight on his leg, he lifted it up and hopped about for a good few days first.

Perhaps the pain meds are wearing off and that could explain his reluctance to put weight on it? Ozzy had his bandages on for at least a couple of weeks to help stop him picking the stitches out!
mummysboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Hi Ozzysmum, I'm wishing he still had the bandages on, the stitches are driving him mad! Thank goodness for the buster collar! Took him out for his 5 min walk & actually did a few steps with the paw flat, so I'm just being an impatient mum!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4