View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mummysboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-07-2006, 06:39 PM
Thanks everyone. I didn't have much time to post before. After speaking to the vet Charlie luckily hadn't ruptured the ligament completely and no arthritis had set in, which was something I was worried about. So all in all I think we've been quite lucky.

I know we have a long road to walk yet, but I've got the time in the world and I hope Charlie has the patience!

Will post tomorrow on Charlies progress. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Great news - Charlie will be back to normal before you know it. Sending hugs for you all xoxoxoxox
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-07-2006, 01:50 PM
After speaking to the vet Charlie luckily hadn't ruptured the ligament completely and no arthritis had set in, which was something I was worried about. So all in all I think we've been quite lucky
That really is good news Mummysboy I guess Charlie will be home today ...I hope so.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-07-2006, 02:11 PM
Glad Charlie is ok and the op went well

I remember after Harvey had his cruciate operation he was in a really sorry state. So was I come to think of it It is a long road to recovery but I listened to everything the vet said and she gave me an exercise plan which really helped. With lots of TLC Charlie will be back to his old self before you know it
mummysboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-07-2006, 02:55 PM
Hi everyone. Charlie is home!! Although feeling very sorry for himself (and me)! I know we've a long way to go but we'll take each day as it comes.

Just waiting for him to let me know when he wants a wee! He's allowed to hobble but only for a short amount of time, however he is very unstable at times (only to be expected). He's sleeping at the mo, so hot isn't it, we have a fan on him and he's on a large cushion on the ceramic floor, so as cool as he can possibly be.

Thanks for your concern. Will keep you posted.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2006, 03:04 PM
you may find that putting a scarf or towel under his tummy and lifting some of his weight may help him slightly i am lucky having a staffie (although a large one) i could carry her to the toilet i bet in a couple of days you will be tearing your hair out trying to get him to stay still i was
glad charlie is back home with you
mummysboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Hi Griff, I've tried the towel approach but he won't move at all then he seems really uncomfortable with it? I know he'll walk when he wants to. He hasn't had a wee all day, I guess he'll let me know!
mummysboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-07-2006, 03:55 PM
Hey everyone. Just thought I would update you on Charlie's progress. We're now on day 4 after the op and he's doing great, he's even starting trying to run, so it's very hard to keep him calm. He does get depressed though because he has to have a dreaded collar cos he's been nibbling! Otherwise we try and keep him occupied (difficult to give him something to chew while I'm at work cos the collar gets in the way! I would be grateful of some boredom breakers for him bearing in mind he has to keep his collar on.

We had a bit of trouble with Jake though, the separation from his big brother stopped him eating for a while, but we've got over that now. Phew!!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by mummysboy
, he's even starting trying to run, so it's very hard to keep him calm.
Hi, very glad to hear he is doing so well, but I still would suggest a crate to try and keep him as quiet as possible. It will make him rest and aid his recovery, it will also be easier for you to keep an eye on him, it is so easy when they start to feel the pain lessen that is when they are tempted to have a run and all it takes is for him to do this and he could end up damaging his leg.
mummysboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-07-2006, 01:42 PM
It's me again! This question is pointed more to Griff (hope you are around somewhere) or anyone that has experience with this. Charlie had his bandage removed yesterday by the vet, and since then he has been dragging the leg not putting any weight on it. He did at least put some weight on it when the bandage was on (I know this supported the leg a lot). Should I be worried or is this normal? Many thanks.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >