View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2006, 11:57 AM
good luck for today i am sure everything will be fine don't worry too much if they decide to keep him overnight,they did this with diez and it was the best thing for her(although very difficult for me and her brother).i took my other dog out for a huge long walk to really tire him out and he slept for most of the time she was away gentle hugs from me for charlie when he gets home
mummysboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-07-2006, 12:11 PM
Hi Griff, thanks for your reply. I am prepared for him to be staying in overnight just in case, the vet did warn me. I guess all dogs recover differently. It's very difficult to keep Jake occupied because it is sooooo hot! It's impossible to walk him with the heat plus he is black! It will also be a challenge keeping them in separate rooms when Charlie comes home. Hey, I'm always up for a challenge!

Signing off now, got to do some dreaded food shopping, and of course a special cuddly toy for my invalid!
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Any news yet on Charlie??
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-07-2006, 03:27 PM
I am prepared for him to be staying in overnight just in case, the vet did warn me. I guess all dogs recover differently.
Hi Mummysboy fingers cross here too that all goes well for Charlie .

I know it is hard and we miss our little ones when they are not there, but I personally think after a major op it is often better if the dog remains overnight at the vets the reasons being there is a vet on hand if a problem arises/ the dog can be given IV painkillers and sedation if needed and therefore will be less likely to try to move around too much ... So if the vet decides Charlie needs to stay don't be too disappointed remember it's for his own good

Look forward to hearing Charlie is safely home ...
sweetmimi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-07-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by mummysboy
Hi, just got in from work. It's nice to be home! Poor Jake the lab is wondering what's happened to his big brother. This is the first time they have been away from each other I would just like to say thanks so much for all your lovely words of comfort. Got to ring vets around 2pm to see how everythings gone.Will get back to you later.

Many thanks again.
sending gentle hugs to the little lad.
mummysboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Hi everyone. I have been to see Charlie, he's still very groggy and as suspected he will spend the night at the vets, which is for the best I know. So we have a very sulky Jake waiting for his big brother to return!

Thank you all for your kind words. All being well I can pick Charlie up after work tomorrow and will keep you posted.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2006, 05:45 PM
Sending Charlie cuddles, and hoping that you can collect him tomorrow x
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2006, 05:47 PM
ahhh poor charlie and poor jake i hope the time flies by and charlie is soon home
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Hi, I am sure Charlie will recover well he is in good hands I am sure.

Ozzy had the same op at Christmas last year and he made good recovery and is now able to go on long walks again.

If you haven't got a crate, I would advise getting one, we found it a Godsend having it. It was just about the only way of ensuring Ozzy didn't start scrabbling around the laminate floor and playing with his Kong again! I am positive this helped him progress so quickly.

It is hard work keeping them quiet and off their feet, but it really is the only was to make sure the op is a success. I am sure you and Charlie will cope well.

Big hugs xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-07-2006, 06:30 PM
Pleased to hear the operation went well that's the worst part over..

I find it best to keep busy on these occasions, it seems to make the time pass more quickly then Charlie will seen to be home in no time at all.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >