Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gail
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2006, 08:08 PM

Really worried... unwell dog (possible brain tumour) not eating, vomiting

Lucy has really taken a turn for the worse in the last couple of weeks. She is on medication to stop her having fits due to a suspected brain tumour but she started getting really wobbly and went off her food a couple of weeks ago.
I took her to the vet last Friday who said to reduce the dosage of her medication and see how she goes.
Well, she's got worse if anything. I'm having difficulty getting her to eat at all now and if she does eat something she brings it up again about an hour later. She's all skin & bone!

Think I'm gonna take her back to the vet tomorrow......
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-01-2006, 08:16 PM
Aw Gail I am sorry to hear that..all I can suggest is that you keep the meals small/light and frequent...just a couple of tablspoons every few hours..
try scrambled egg, rice and white fish,chicken and white rice, honey and porridge.
It could be the medication that is making Lucy sick, maybe the vet will alter it.
Good luck at the vets, at these times you just do what you can...
shadow_the_staff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-01-2006, 08:47 PM
My heart goes out to you and lucy. (((HUGS))) and licks to you both. You're in my thoughts.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 09:32 PM
aww bless her im sorry shes gone down hill again fingers crossed that the vet will be able to sort her out and make her feel alot better than she is at the moment big hugs coming your way from me and the boys
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Sorry to hear Lucy is doing badly I hope things go well at the vets and that they can help her improve quickly.
xx
Jamie.
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2006, 10:32 PM
good happy thoughts for Lucy!!
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2006, 07:38 AM
Sorry to hear about Lucy good luck at the vets, as mini said, small frequent meals should be easier for her to keep down.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2006, 09:58 AM
Hope the vet can come up with something to help your poor girl. Good luck and sending {{{hugs}}} and positive thoughts your way
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by Gail
Lucy has really taken a turn for the worse in the last couple of weeks. She is on medication to stop her having fits due to a suspected brain tumour but she started getting really wobbly and went off her food a couple of weeks ago.
I took her to the vet last Friday who said to reduce the dosage of her medication and see how she goes.
Well, she's got worse if anything. I'm having difficulty getting her to eat at all now and if she does eat something she brings it up again about an hour later. She's all skin & bone!

Think I'm gonna take her back to the vet tomorrow......
Oh so sorry to hear about your little doglet. I went through the same with my lurcher Kes
Gail
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-01-2006, 07:56 PM
Many many thanks for all your support.....

I'm afraid my worst fear has been realised though. Lucy went to the vet tonight in a really bad way, the vet took one look at her and said to me "you know what I'm going to say don't you?" and I looked at him and said "yes" and burst into tears!

I'm feeling a bit lost now and starting to worry that Toby might pine for her. After all, they've been constant companions for 14 years!!

Rest in peace Luce.....
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >