Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-03-2015, 12:36 PM
Hi everyone

Thanks for the posts.

Yeah we do sometimes meet other dog owners on his walks but not many (as we go out over farmland).

He is having a bit of a down day today so far.

He had a urine and stool accident over night and on his morning walk seemed a bit lethargic and slow.

We only did about half his normal route before he wanted to come back home.

He's needing lots of fuss and love and he's not as bright as he was yesterday.

Only to be expected I guess.
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2015, 01:13 PM
Yeah, there will be up days and down days. As you've said, though, take it day by day. If he needs fuss and rest today, that's cool. He is one lucky dog to have you caring for him.

But I hear you on that as well-- I feel that I'm the one who's lucky with mine! Sweet Berkeley, ancient now and delicate, but still loving life. Sweet Laszlo, now gone, shy and nervous to the point of disability, and the one with epilepsy, but what an amazing, wonderful, talented, intelligent dog he was. I never knew how much work he did for me until he was gone. Lovely little Habibi, abandoned, finally caught by my friend, filthy, skinny, and terrified, now my faithful and beautiful little brown constant companion. Taji, abused and rejected, now my lovely gentle petal, in accordance with his true nature. Some would say they are the lucky ones, but I think it's me: they have all taught me so much and given me so much. Harvey is the same for you. Even when stuff is unpleasant or on down days, you're together. You're both lucky.
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-03-2015, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Strangechilde View Post
Yeah, there will be up days and down days. As you've said, though, take it day by day. If he needs fuss and rest today, that's cool. He is one lucky dog to have you caring for him.

But I hear you on that as well-- I feel that I'm the one who's lucky with mine! Sweet Berkeley, ancient now and delicate, but still loving life. Sweet Laszlo, now gone, shy and nervous to the point of disability, and the one with epilepsy, but what an amazing, wonderful, talented, intelligent dog he was. I never knew how much work he did for me until he was gone. Lovely little Habibi, abandoned, finally caught by my friend, filthy, skinny, and terrified, now my faithful and beautiful little brown constant companion. Taji, abused and rejected, now my lovely gentle petal, in accordance with his true nature. Some would say they are the lucky ones, but I think it's me: they have all taught me so much and given me so much. Harvey is the same for you. Even when stuff is unpleasant or on down days, you're together. You're both lucky.
Hi Strangechilde

Wow how lovely that you have so many furry companions but I am sorry to read about Laszlo

Before I adopted Harvey I was in such a bad place, my depression was out of control, I had a breakdown and tried to take my life. My GP was ready to section me...

But the consultant psychiatrist suggested I might like a companion animal which lead me to Harvey and his sister Poppy. Sadly I lost Poppy to Kidney Failure when she was 3.

That was 8 years ago and Harvey has been my world ever since. Dogs never fail to amaze me, they have no ulterior motives, NOT that I EVER have (nor would) but you could treat them badly and they would still love you.

They love and give unconditionally and for that reason alone I take them over *most* people every time (I am not referring to anyone in this forum).

So I totally agree and understand exactly what you mean when you say they taught you

Yes, my Harvey boy get what ever he needs he gets with out a second thought, he always has. He seemed to brighten up a bit this afternoon and wanted to be in the garden.

This evening he did his full walk but I think it tired him as he is now snuggled in his bed sleeping.
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-03-2015, 08:08 PM
Am I right in thinking to display photos of Harvey I need to host them somewhere and then post links here?

In other words I cant just upload them from my iPad?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-03-2015, 08:18 PM
You're right Kenny, you need to host them, I use photobucket, as do a lot of others on here. Then you copy/paste the bottom code (img) onto here
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-03-2015, 08:20 PM
Just found the thread on hosting pics in the "Your Dog Photos" section so as Harvey is still sleeping I will try to get some pics online
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-03-2015, 09:08 PM
He's just had a seizure and one that I think was the beginning of another that didnt quite get going...

lasted 20 secs, seen it described on web as snapping at flies,
he was upright and didnt loose consiousness, there was some excess saliva but no loss of urine or stools.

he tried to hide behind sofa, pressed his head against door, and is generally wobbly and unco-ordanated.

He was looking straight at me when the other thing happened. About 10 mins after 1st one he kinda snapped at the air a few times but when I called his name he stopped and came for fuss.

Dont know what to do, should I call the vets emergency service or leave it until the morning and call them then?????

I knew something was brewing - what with him being almost normal yesterday and then obsessing on food today, I knew it
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-03-2015, 09:10 PM
damnit he having those full body tremors now
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-03-2015, 11:20 PM
I knew yesterday was too good to be true, poor little boy
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-03-2015, 01:50 AM
Hi Kenny-- there's very little your vet can do after a seizure. The best thing to do is to keep him quiet, warm, safe and sound. If he's still having tremors, call your emergency vet for advice. I'm not a vet myself, but sometimes uprooting them from a safe and secure environment can make things worse, so it's best to get advice from a vet. Call them at any hour. They are there in the wee hours for a reason. Good luck to you-- I am wishing you both well.
Page 14 of 62 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 > Last »