Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
ok...so young woman in stable relationship pops out 2 kids....oh dies/does a bunk...she cannot afford the rent...what then?
That not what I am talking about though , the above is exactly what the benefit system is for,

I am talking about the young girl , 15.16.17 .18 , who KNOWS her way to a flat /house and benifits is getting pregnant.

Why do we have the highest percentage of young single mothers in Europe, could it be that they have EVERY incentive to get pregnant and no incentive NOT to .
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 03:37 PM
FWIW...my cousin got pregnant at 18. Was in a very loving stable relationship. Engaged, mortgage, both worked ft and paid their way. He died horrifcally in a rta, they didnt have life ins (naively thought they wouldnt need it)

Needless to say, she couldnt afford the mortgage (even working ft)and now is in a council house. Yes, a single mum...but hardly her fault
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
ok...so young woman in stable relationship pops out 2 kids....oh dies/does a bunk...she cannot afford the rent...what then?
This is a very legitimate circumstance though.

There is a woman near me who has 6 different children, most of whom are by different fathers. She has never done a days work in her life and neither have her numerous partners. They live in a bigger house than we do and drive a better car.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 03:56 PM
I am in agreement with rips and jackbox on this one, a horse is a expense and if you can afford one on benifits then clearly you are getting paid too much!!

The benifit system in this country does need shaking up to make it hard for people to make a 'job' of being on benifits. Just at the place i work we have two examples of this kind of thing.

One guy worked here for a few years with his Mrs, they have one kid so she stops working. They live with her parents so one wage can go a long way. They then pop out another kid and he quits his job as they will get a house and earn more on benifits if they are both out of work. That was over a year ago and they are both claiming benfits and both at home now.

Another young lad got a job here and was working with the local collage as an aprenticeship, its a 6 month thing and then they always get offered a full time job with the company at the end of it. So he has wage now and is more or less garenteed a job at the end of it. He has been off 'sick' for nearly a week now but before this he was overheard chatting to his mate on the phone. They are off from college and he was moaning about being at work, surprise surprise the next day he is sick! He was also talking to them about being on the dole rather then working and was on the government website looking at if he will get jobseekers if he quit. I doubt we will see him again . . .

I am in the same situation as rips, i cant afford to live in my hometown so have a little house in a dogdy area filled with chavs. Its the norm around here to get knocked up when you leave school at 16, not get a job and live on handouts.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby
As I said, different circumstances, and a legitimate case.

i also know of someoen in the same position, and again is deserving of the benefit system...whats its for.

Her and your example are poles apart form the career young mum.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I think the attitude of " intolerance to scroungers" is worth catching to be honest.

But you have no idea if the people being referred to on this thread ARE scroungers do you?!

We live in a society of cuts to health, amenities and benifits (for the needy) on a daily basis, old people being turned out of care homes, no housing for those who need it, (they go to immigrants and single young mothers) , people working and saving all their lives, and for our generation and those to come, will have to sell their homes or take out insurance, to ensure they get care in their old age.

the myth that immigrants somehow go to the top of the housing list is just that a myth.

Tell me its fair after having saved and worked all your life , to then have to sell your home from underneath you, if god forbid you or your spouse should need to be in residential care, whilst the layabout who has never worked a day in their lives will get it all for free.

But that is it I have never SAID its fair, life is unfair, get over it!

You want to call that sour grapes SB, go ahead, I call it injustice.
You can spend your life bemoaning your fate and the injustice of it all if you get off on it, or you can just get on with your own life and make it the best you can.

Nobody lives in another person's life; what can appear to be one thing on the outside may be entirely another on the inside.

But then I like my life! I am very content.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Someone I know has five kids on benefits, the oldest works, the second oldest is looking for a saturday job (still in school) but the mother is looking for a horse, and had one until recently
perhaps she hasnt felt the need to explain her whole financial circumstances to you?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post

There is a woman near me who has 6 different children, most of whom are by different fathers. She has never done a days work in her life and neither have her numerous partners. They live in a bigger house than we do and drive a better car.
with six kids I would hope so

As for the car it could be on motibility if there is a disabled child or adult in the home, her father may have bought it, she may have won it.......
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
You can spend your life bemoaning your fate and the injustice of it all if you get off on it, or you can just get on with your own life and make it the best you can.

Nobody lives in another person's life; what can appear to be one thing on the outside may be entirely another on the inside.But then I like my life! I am very content.
exactly!

and if you all think you would be so much better of in your social and medical health and prosperity on benefits then why dont you all go and do that then!?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post

and who is everyone else to judge what is legitimate?
when you see another young lone parent move into a house on benfits how do you know who is 'legitimate' and who is not?
Page 9 of 19 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »