Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:46 PM
How convenient..............
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Indeed its convenient..why do you have other questions?

Since you both keep asking the same? and my answer hasnt changed I DONT KNOW!

(maybe Ill pay a dog walker, that way I can sit here all day)
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
You can tell by their actions?but you being the person in the example have done nothing, so if you find yourself in that situation should I judge you as a scrounger? The steps they take? I would have thought...What steps would that be?

I have told you, I dont know what I would do..Just know I wouldnt sit down and take it I would be up and out, trying anything I could.well please tell us all what you would try. I'm sure there are people in this situation 'for real' that would appreciate the imput

and before you ask HOW again - which I have said hundred times I dont KNOW, I have to dash..dogs to walk.
So if you dont know, how do the people in this situation know? What exactly whould you try to do? What would make you different from any other scrounger? Since you havent come up with a single thing to get off benefits...
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Can I just step in here ?

Luke my eldest has SEN,he got some GCSE's,he also went to college for 2 years completed the course and got his results,he is jobless,he has had one job since leaving college last may.

He has applied and applied for jobs even part time work,but nothing,some jobs he could do but because of lack of public transport or because he would pay out more than he could earn on transport he can't do them,he has asked if he can go back to college yes but no more than 16 hrs per week otherwise he will have his JSA stopped and is not entitled to any other income from the state,how the hell is he supposed to gain further knowledge then DD ?

The college from here is 12 miles away at a daily cost of £4.10,with no money coming in how would he get there and pay for his course ?

So I suppose he's a state scrounger then,he claims what he is entitled too,it's not his fault the transport is limited and jobs are very thin on the ground.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:52 PM
The college from here is 12 miles away at a daily cost of £4.10,with no money coming in how would he get there and pay for his course
Sal its even worse here £7.20 to get to college and back and the transport links means limited to only one college.....

Good post btw. Hope something comes up for him.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:52 PM
You see you have to BE there to understand all the obstacles that are in your path to get off benefits.

How hard is it for some people to be successful when NOT on benefits, there are obstacles to be surmounted too.

Many fall at the first fence, on benefits or not.

Even with all the support of a loving family, a good home, and education people fall by the wayside, how much harder is it when none of these things are at your disposal.

I like to remember that adage, most of us are only two pay cheques away from being on the breadline or worse.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Sal its even worse here £7.20 to get to college and back and the transport links means limited to only one college.....

Good post btw. Hope something comes up for him.
Thanks,it is so frustrating for him,he still lives here with us and very rarely goes out with his friends he just can't afford to do it,he might go fishing once a fortnight,he doesn't drink or smoke,he doesn't drive and can't afford lessons so it's a vicious cycle,he isn't even allowed to do any voluntary or charity work,he is registered with apprentice companies and job agencies too.

Would love DD to tell us how he is supposed to do something about the situation he has found himself in, and he gets very upset at times and has even been reduced to tears,a 19 yr old crying,very depressing for him and very upsetting for us as his parents.

Benefits a walk in the park,not for Luke it's not!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Thanks,it is so frustrating for him,he still lives here with us and very rarely goes out with his friends he just can't afford to do it,he might go fishing once a fortnight,he doesn't drink or smoke,he doesn't drive and can't afford lessons so it's a vicious cycle,he isn't even allowed to do any voluntary or charity work,he is registered with apprentice companies and job agencies too.

Would love DD to tell us how he is supposed to do something about the situation he has found himself in.
I would love all the people on this thread who have implied that people living in hostels, lone parents, people 'handed housing' people with mental health issues and unseen disabilities etc etc are all supposed to wave their magic wand and live perfectly healthy happy prosperous lives without the need for benefits.....including your son. Not airy fairy internet courses and working from home.....'trying' etc etc

and of course what many here don't seem to realise is that some people wont have had the opportunities through upbringing that your son has had and how are they whilst responsible for children of their own and having never seen any other way of live and no education supposed to do 'better'....

I hope something comes up for your son it isnt easy at all!!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Not read all of the thread, but think I get the basic gist of it.

The benefits system does need some over-hauling, but, despite the propaganda that's being put out by the media and, in some cases, the Government, there are limited jobs available (and getting even more limited as time goes by). Getting benefits these days like DLA is not the walk in the park that people seem to think it is and many of those legitimately receiving this are terrified of losing it. The scrounging pensioners have actually paid weekly contributions all their working lives to get the pittance they are paid.

Trying to shake up the benefits system is good in theory, but until there are jobs out there for those able to do them, then the only alternatives to benefits is the old workhouses/soup kitchens etc.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 11:26 PM
I didnt wish to comment on anyone personally.

I also didnt say that them looking and trying their best to find a job shouldnt be entitled to benefits, just like them that cant work for X and Y reasons - I also said that I apprecited and understand that there are not many jobs around.

I also said over and over, that I do NOT have the answers, I cant give advice, never being in the position. I have merely said that them who claim benefits, do not try their hardest to seek a job and better themselves are (to me) taking the complete p!ss out of the system and tax payers...agree or not, it doesnt bother me.

I feel that them on benefits often have things laid on a plate, and this to me will make 'some' less willing to go out and find a job, their happy with what their recieving, and the free time on their hands to sit around or what ever - I know many people like this of my age, and I find it sad.

I have not ONCE knocked ANYONE claming benefits but seeking a job, and willing to improve their situation what ever it takes..
Some people are stuck in a vicious circle, and I wouldnt wish that on anyone. But as long as they continue to try and better their lives, then I have no problem. what I have a problem with (like I keep saying!!) is them that sponge, because their to lazy to get up and sort themselves out, and them that are to pig headed, blaming everyone else for their failings. Life is what you make, you dont get something for nothing (well some claiming benefits do ..) you have to work for what you have, I cant think of anything better than appreciating what you have because you have worked damn hard to earn it.

I wont bother posting again, because for one I cant be bothered and for two its a waste of time. we shall agree to disagree, but please dont twist my words.
Page 16 of 19 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 >