View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-06-2010, 04:02 PM
What a load of old tosh anyone who lives in London is well aware of the so called problem of urban foxes, the incident is tragic and no doubt people will be more cautious as a result but to start culling those that do no harm is not acceptable. They have adapted to living in different surroundings and you want to kill them for that
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post
Agree with this 100%

Im not saying there should be an immediate cull, but in around november when there are no nursing vixens, there should be culling of urban foxes in areas that are known to be highly populated by them.

It is not just down to this one attack, what this attack has done is brought the problem that is urban foxes, into the spotlight. They are a problem, and this attack just shows how much more braver they are getting.
The simple and obvious solution is culling.
No offense, but in the grand sceme of things are foxes really that much of a 'problem'? it is funny that those who live in London and have commented on this thread do not find them to be a 'problem'.

I'm just baffled at the suggestion of culling, just because of one attack and the fact that they raid bins sometimes. Is that really a justification to kill them, the vast majority of which are of zero threat to people?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 04:09 PM
i dont see why they need culling? (in london )
because of one attack?
because of rubbish bags?

most the bins round here are broken into by cats

in my whole career i think ive seen one scratched dogs nose by a fox?

why a death sentance
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by borderladysue View Post
what the same respect these two innocent little girls have been shown. so the answer is to just let them roam around and savage whatever takes their fancy that day?
That is rather a dramatic statement! How many people have actually ever been "savaged" or even bitten by foxes?
Luchi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
No offense, but in the grand sceme of things are foxes really that much of a 'problem'? it is funny that those who live in London and have commented on this thread do not find them to be a 'problem'.

I'm just baffled at the suggestion of culling, just because of one attack and the fact that they raid bins sometimes. Is that really a justification to kill them, the vast majority of which are of zero threat to people?
Totally agree, I have lived in London for over 20 years, I have seen foxes interact with my cats (actually just pay each other a healthy respect). There was one time I witnessed a fox steal a baby rat off my cat. I would be interested to see how the rat population would increase if Foxes were culled. That would be interesting.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
They are so common place in London that what s**t the life out of you wouldn't even raise an eyebrow here, and it's nothing new it's been this way for at least 30 years. We're not encouraging them to become less wild they are evolving and adapting to their environment.
Excellent post as usual Trouble.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
To me it shows an animal that has adapted to an enviroment that we as humans have changed...a clever animal by my standard.
An animal that has HAD to apapt, but thankfully many who thought cute and cuddly, now realise there are too many.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 05:59 PM
I *should* be moving soon, fingers crossed when I do my rabbits will be outdoor rabbits, and when that happens I wont even think about letting my dogs chase out any Foxes, its my job to keep my rabbits safe, my dogs natural instinct to chase.

If I had children and this happened you can bet your life I would want the animal destroyed and chances are it now has been, but you can also bet I would leave the trap near the house, incase it wasn't I'd do anything to protect mine, I can't think of anyone who wouldn't.
?Its also been mentioned about relocating, would you rather have the Fox caught in a humane trap and humanely pts, or caught, relocated, being stressed because its being moved put in a strange enviroment, and then placed somewhere were the chances of death are high through starvation and attacks from other Foxes, besides how far away would it need to go? I've been told by reliable sources even rats and mice need moving at least 5 miles to prevent them returning, how far do you think a Fox can move?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
What a load of old tosh anyone who lives in London is well aware of the so called problem of urban foxes, the incident is tragic and no doubt people will be more cautious as a result but to start culling those that do no harm is not acceptable. They have adapted to living in different surroundings and you want to kill them for that
In doing so they have become too many in numbers and their "natural" behaviour has changed. Their natural fear of man is diminishing and therefore steps need to be taken.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
I've been told by reliable sources even rats and mice need moving at least 5 miles to prevent them returning, how far do you think a Fox can move?
who!?? ...
Page 14 of 20 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »