Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 03:19 PM

Obedience training club - Lothian

Is anyone on Dogsey a member of Mid Lothian DTC?

Also, does anyone know of any good puppy classes or obedience classes in the East Lothian area - the Haddington area in particular.

Thanks.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 06:18 PM
have pmd you - not sure if its working though so let me know if you dont get it
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 06:22 PM
tried to respond via pm and its not working - so here is my reply

HI Kirsty

Hope your well and the handsome Ben is keeping you busy - piccies please !!!

If this is the obedience club held at Vogrie country park _ i would avoid it like the proverbial.....

I took Bruno here on a friends recommendation and they proceeded to chuck a choke collar on him and throttle the living daylights out of him right infront of me. I was so shocked i didnt know what to do...

They did get him to walk through a line of dogs but only after the guy had throttled home and whilst I came home with a dog that ran past loads of dogs to get to me - i think this was more to do with the fact that he was scared ****less.

He also had a massive bruise on his throat for days afterwards.

If its not this one then cant help !!!dani
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the info Dani! I will definitely be avoiding it!!! Yes, they are the ones that train at Vogrie Country Park. Poor Bruno!!!

I have some new photos of Ben, so will upload them when I get a chance.

How is gorgeous Luca? We will have to meet up with the boys (and dogs too of course!) before too long

Thanks again.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Thanks for the info Dani! I will definitely be avoiding it!!! Yes, they are the ones that train at Vogrie Country Park. Poor Bruno!!!

I have some new photos of Ben, so will upload them when I get a chance.

How is gorgeous Luca? We will have to meet up with the boys (and dogs too of course!) before too long

Thanks again.
cant wait for the ben piccies,. am happy to meet up anytime - would be lovely and Bruno seemed to quite like Flame !! who wouldnt though she is a babe..

Luca is a wee monkey though now and doesnt stand still for two seconds !!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Great - we will arrange something soon.
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-06-2008, 09:14 PM
I've heard similar things about Midlothian DTC ! I wouldn't take my dog there if it was the last training club on the planet. One to try , and I know myself that they use kind training methods , is Darcregan Dog Training Club. Check out their website and judge for yourself - www.darcregan.co.uk . Yvonne and Helen are very nice people and they are very sucessful with their own dogs in competitions , as are several members of their club ! I know them well and can recommend them. . Maybe a wee bit further for you to go but a decent club is worth that.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Missysmum View Post
I've heard similar things about Midlothian DTC ! I wouldn't take my dog there if it was the last training club on the planet. One to try , and I know myself that they use kind training methods , is Darcregan Dog Training Club. Check out their website and judge for yourself - www.darcregan.co.uk . Yvonne and Helen are very nice people and they are very sucessful with their own dogs in competitions , as are several members of their club ! I know them well and can recommend them. . Maybe a wee bit further for you to go but a decent club is worth that.
Thanks for the website Missysmum. I have had a look at this club's website before and it does look good. I will definitely enquire further if I can't find a club a bit closer to me. I agree a good club is worth travelling for, but with a 6 month old baby as well as all the animals to take care of, I could do with one just a little bit nearer.
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2008, 06:13 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
tried to respond via pm and its not working - so here is my reply

HI Kirsty

Hope your well and the handsome Ben is keeping you busy - piccies please !!!

If this is the obedience club held at Vogrie country park _ i would avoid it like the proverbial.....

I took Bruno here on a friends recommendation and they proceeded to chuck a choke collar on him and throttle the living daylights out of him right infront of me. I was so shocked i didnt know what to do...

They did get him to walk through a line of dogs but only after the guy had throttled home and whilst I came home with a dog that ran past loads of dogs to get to me - i think this was more to do with the fact that he was scared ****less.

He also had a massive bruise on his throat for days afterwards.

If its not this one then cant help !!!dani

OMG - I'm glad your pm isn't working, lol. This post was good info for me - i was planning on going down to have a look as i wanted to start my wee pup working asap but i would throttle anyonne who put a choke collar on him especially as he is only 9 weeks today.

I hope bruno has recovered well and has no nasty effects from his harsh treatment.

Back to the drawing board, lol. Have just emailed Darcregan training club.
skilaki
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-06-2008, 08:01 AM
I would second the comments about Darcregan Dog Training Club. K9xxb, I know you were interested about working trials, and Yvonne and Helen do this too with their dobermanns.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >