Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2022, 08:44 AM

Smooth Christmas Sunday 25th December 2022

Morning everyone. Hope you all have a smooth Christmas day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-12-2022, 09:08 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.

Happy Christmas to everyone.

Well we had a lovely day with Freya and Uncle Michael. We went out the 3 of us for breakfast.
A long walk in the afternoon, then Mark and Lauren arrived home and Michael treated us all to an Indian take away. Him and Mark were going halves but Michael insisted on paying as Mark and Lauren have paid for food for her family today well mum and Stepdad who might not be going now that's another story. Also as we have footed the bill this year and for all the years we have done, mind you he arrived with wine, cheese, sweets and cured meats.
Well after dinner the laughter and messing about with Uncle Michael and Freya was a total joy and my sides hurt with laughter.
We had a lovely thank you gift from Mark and Lauren an afternoon tea voucher for Patisserie Valerie for everything we have done and do for Freya.
The hours, the travelling and cost of fuel.
We don' expect payment it's what you do for your family if able to but it is lovely to be appreciated.
Quiet day for us today tomorrow is our Christmas day with Mark, Lauren, Freya, and Michael then on Tuesday Michael leaves to stay in London to cat sit for friends and attend the wedding on New years eve then flies home later that evening.
He will then in a day or two catch up with Maca and her family for skiing.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2022, 09:20 AM
Good orbing Brenda and Kynn

Hope you have a peaceful but enjoyable day Brenda

Wow you sound as if you had a wonderful time yesterday Lynn. Enjoy the peace and quiet today before doing it all again tomorrow

My day started early. Turkey in, Teazle walked, cake iced for birthday later just the candles and sweets to out on. It is peaceful here at the moment, two sleepyheads still in bed and the hoard yet to descend. Have phoned to wake them but will wait and see arrival time

Hope everyone has an enjoyable day however you spend it.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2022, 10:37 AM
Merry Christmas everyone.

Lovely day here yesterday popped out and had coffee with friends about 3is after taking & collecting Christmas presents from all the youngsters in their own homes - brother and sister in law now have the lurgy/cold so steered clear of going in so porch swop only and waving from windows takeaway cancelled at theirs and transferred to nieces house, neither of them wanted any food anyhow seems sleep is the order of this bug.

Lovely evening had by all, I had Indian but a wide choice of menus we to be seen..

Earlier in the day had to run a pork joint to my friend who was going home to Bristol by train all cancelled spent 4 hours from 9am in New Street (I think) train station - due to a faulty signal box and then the strike walk out. She had nothing in so took her a fresh leg of pork joint with stuffing from butchers and bits and pieces carrots potatoes etc etc as she has a turkey she can defrost for boxing day but would not manage it for today, (Good deed done)

After the meal came home and then walked to the night church service with some friends I had not seen for a while who were at the Carol service the other week really nice, and actually saw my school best friends sisters who were going they lost their Mom this year and buried 6th Dec so nice to see them, but lots of incense (forgot about that bit) came home.

At home opened "new to us" tradition of Christmas eve box we each brought an item for everyone and my youngest niece packed them for everyone but herself f(as in our family youngest gets the first pick not last. Really really nice and a new tradition for us - one we will keep I think.

Up this morning with not so much a leap but a "rest day" few phone calls and boiled eggs breakfast eaten with coffee eaten now popped on here to update you all turkey already cooked yesterday and ready for simply vegs and trimmings today. Have phoned my train abandoned friend LOL who did not make it to Bristol and see if she wants to join me and group of dog walking friends for a walk round Sutton park (she owns Burt the Chihuahua) around 11.30ish we shall see what she says I miss Gert

Anyhow onwards and upwards have a great day all
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2022, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Morning everyone. Hope you all have a smooth Christmas day.
Have a great day Brenda Happy Christmas
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2022, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning brenda and all to follow.

Happy Christmas to everyone.

Well we had a lovely day with Freya and Uncle Michael. We went out the 3 of us for breakfast.
A long walk in the afternoon, then Mark and Lauren arrived home and Michael treated us all to an Indian take away. Him and Mark were going halves but Michael insisted on paying as Mark and Lauren have paid for food for her family today well mum and Stepdad who might not be going now that's another story. Also as we have footed the bill this year and for all the years we have done, mind you he arrived with wine, cheese, sweets and cured meats.
Well after dinner the laughter and messing about with Uncle Michael and Freya was a total joy and my sides hurt with laughter.
We had a lovely thank you gift from Mark and Lauren an afternoon tea voucher for Patisserie Valerie for everything we have done and do for Freya.
The hours, the travelling and cost of fuel.
We don' expect payment it's what you do for your family if able to but it is lovely to be appreciated.
Quiet day for us today tomorrow is our Christmas day with Mark, Lauren, Freya, and Michael then on Tuesday Michael leaves to stay in London to cat sit for friends and attend the wedding on New years eve then flies home later that evening.
He will then in a day or two catch up with Maca and her family for skiing.
Sounds like a perfect family Christmas and what a lovey gift as well. Will you be considering a Caravan Christmas next year some friends of mine do it and think it the best sort of Christmas? Have a great day sounds like you will Happy Christmas to you all
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2022, 10:45 AM
Good morning all
Merry Christmas to you all and hope you have a good day no matter what you are doing.
I have been thoroughly spoilt again....my brother bought me a netbook!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2022, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good orbing Brenda and Kynn

Hope you have a peaceful but enjoyable day Brenda

Wow you sound as if you had a wonderful time yesterday Lynn. Enjoy the peace and quiet today before doing it all again tomorrow

My day started early. Turkey in, Teazle walked, cake iced for birthday later just the candles and sweets to out on. It is peaceful here at the moment, two sleepyheads still in bed and the hoard yet to descend. Have phoned to wake them but will wait and see arrival time

Hope everyone has an enjoyable day however you spend it.
Happy Christmas o you all surely the children were awake can't think they would not be unless not well like their Dad - awaiting the hoard sounds like we could rename you Genghis Sue. Happy Birthday to your granddaughter .
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2022, 10:48 AM
Chris Hope you are both still feeling the effects of the antibiotics, and are up to the day. "hugs" to you both and so pleased but not surprised Rosie ahs been so good. Looks like your lad could be MasterChef for the day and nurse as well. Happy Christmas
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2022, 10:49 AM
Griff Happy Christmas I expect your one man hoard of brother has descended and ether you have left the house or are hold up in the bedroom where ever you are hope you are feeling better and have a great day.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >