View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2016, 07:24 PM
Lol Harvey I have been to New York before and enjoyed it. Barry hasn't and as he doesn't do heights thats the Empire Stat Building out

Daughter in Law wants to go to America and as the two youngest are too young to really enjoy Disney Land they decided on New York so if we wish to see them we will go with them.

Sorry Lynn Have run out of ideas. You will just have to use the youngsters at the weekend to play musical aerials

Well don Tyto's brother Brenda.

At least you had a dry run for the tip June hopefully it will be nice your way tomorrow to get the girls out for a nice run.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2016, 07:45 PM
Signal gone completely again on tele downstairs through the bt box.
Switched it all off re-booted nothing sorted it this morning been watching the Tudors on netflix thought I would switch on tele to watch eastenders and nothing even with re-booting and re-tuning.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2016, 09:07 PM
Aw Lynn couldn't you just throw the whole lot out of the window. Am seriously considering binning Virgin and just having freeview myself, don't think its worth the money
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-01-2016, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Switched it all off re-booted nothing sorted it this morning been watching the Tudors on netflix thought I would switch on tele to watch eastenders and nothing even with re-booting and re-tuning.
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Aw Lynn couldn't you just throw the whole lot out of the window. Am seriously considering binning Virgin and just having freeview myself, don't think its worth the money
And who do you call to fix it A few months back I had to call BT about our broadband service, what a shambles, the guy who I was dealing with didn't speak good English and it became obvious after nearly half an hour that he was just trying a list of things that were on his 'list' in the end I worked out that the problem was just too many users in our area on line and downloading huge files or films or some other data hungry stuff Only happens intermitantly so will just ignore in future, provided we can get on line some time in the day I'm happy.

After nearly eleven years of SKY and all the disgraceful shenanigins that they get up to we decided to just stick with Freeview here. Can honestly say we've not regretted it so far.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-01-2016, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Never made it to America at all, had a couple of opportunities, but really have never fancied it.
Like you I have had a few opportunities but never been across the pond. There are some places I would go to e.g. The National Parks, the Rockies, the mid West, but, for me, definately not the big cities.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2016, 09:26 PM
Internet and phone fne its the bt box that's giving me problems again. Been watching back to back tudors on netflix.
Come up to bed with the chromebook and the tele up here is working fine. That has no box its a freeview hd ready tv. Can't be the signal then can it ?

Harvey do you remember when we moved in here the terrible trouble we had with bt ? I am very reluctant to ring them after the last time still feeling the effects nearly 3 years on.
A friend was telling us you do not get the signal usage you pay for apparently an engineer they had in recently tested theirs and said it was not up to the speed they were supposed to be supplied with. Also every time you renew your contract you should by rights get a new box.
Good luck with that and bt.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2016, 09:32 PM
Oh no Lynn, i have a booster upstairs in my brothers room...it is really good, went from no signal to all the channels marvelous...i think it is this sort
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/25220...s=true&ff13=80
if you wanted to try it i will happily send it up, it is sat in the spare room.
we are with plusnet for the internet and they are in yorkshire, it is so nice to speak to somebody who is "proper" english...not in india with an english name (which i am sure they arent really called james and rachel), spent an hour with me trying to sort out my email
bl**dy greece have been ringing again ahhhhhhhhhh we plugged the phone in yesterday thinking they would have given up after 3 days but nope!! well they'll get fed up soon enough
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2016, 09:33 PM
just seen your post lynn....must be a faulty box
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2016, 09:45 PM
I've been thinking about plusnet, I do like Virgin's broadband though
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-01-2016, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Harvey do you remember when we moved in here the terrible trouble we had with bt ? I am very reluctant to ring them after the last time still feeling the effects nearly 3 years on.
A friend was telling us you do not get the signal usage you pay for apparently an engineer they had in recently tested theirs and said it was not up to the speed they were supposed to be supplied with. Also every time you renew your contract you should by rights get a new box.
Good luck with that and bt.
Yes I remember that (Also remember the boiler saga too!)

Problem is that unless you are able to get an engineer in with his test equipment there's no way a customer can say what speed they are getting. Like you I won't be ringing them again, if it gets really bad I'll get Sarah our friendly computer lady in to sort it. She ahs to be paid of course but I'm more and more reluctant to talk to these so called 'help desks' these days.

I didn't know the bit about renewing contract and getting new (presumeably updated) box, must remember that when we renew in the summer (I think it's August but just put a reminder in the diary for July )
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >