View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2016, 02:59 PM
Afternoon Sue nice to have a meal out glad you enjoyed it. Hows your lovely new Granddaughter doing ? Bet there's lots of skyping going on.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2016, 04:22 PM
Hi Everyone, nice to be able to walk Amber in the dry, took her up the other green where it is not so muddy and the paths were clean so no problem with the walker this afternoon. I am going to keep a stiff hand brush outside the front door so I can brush the wheels of the walker down before fetching it in. Came back quite clean tonight.

Lynn, glad Tracey and Mark are talking ever hopeful.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2016, 04:51 PM
No skyping Lynn since the 26th as they have gone to the beach and no internet. Did get a couple of photos last night via phone and she looks really well. Hopefully they are now home and will contact me soon.

Good you had a dry walk Moyra. Rain here stopped about 3.30 so nipped the girlie out but not far as it started again quite hard too. Never mind she seems content.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2016, 06:06 PM
Yes Sue, it has been very much a case of trying to catch gaps in between the showers. Oh for some nice cold crisp sunny days would be nice. Mind you all my daffodils are out in the front border.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2016, 07:12 PM
My geraniums have carried on flowering regardless of rain, hail, floods, gales etc
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-01-2016, 09:06 PM
Good evening everyone,
see that bones have been safely gathered in, meals taken and enjoyed, dogs walked in some semblance of reasonable weather, and all seems passably fine in the world of Dogsey.
Not surprised your geraniums are still flowering June, I've got new shoots coming from some self-seeding nasturtiums, couldn't believe it - they are about 2 or 3 inches high - hardly likely to last as they'll die at the first frost - but to my reckoning that makes them at least 4 months early.
Back in a wee while, bye fer now.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-01-2016, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
I've got new shoots coming from some self-seeding nasturtiums, couldn't believe it - they are about 2 or 3 inches high
I bought some soft fruit in November including a blackberry (Reuben) the note that came with it said new canes will emerge in late February to early March. Well they already emerged and are about 3 inches and can almost see them growing In a pot in the greenhouse so no worries with frost

ETA:-
Just wanted to add that I'm glad Fagin is now able to walk on that paw bet he'll soon be running around like a maniac
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2016, 10:03 PM
My grass is a mudpatch, however it means I can clearly see the weeds like dandelions for instance,so they are going to be dug out with my trowel, if only we get a couple of days respite, and with any luck a frost.Then I'll sort my pots out, got quite a bit growing in them still, but also other things died off.
Surely the rain has got to stop soon, even the monsoon seasons don't last as long as this
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-01-2016, 10:10 PM
Good evening Harvey and thank you.
Ref your blackberry is "Reuben" the one that is thornless with large fruit. If so it's the one we bought in about 5 years ago, just mentioning it as it may be helpful,if it is the same variety. Ours took 2 years to grow on and we were on the point of pulling them up as useless, but left them - fortunately, the third year they fruited very heavily and have been the same each year since. So if it's the same variety, persevere with it as it is well worth the wait.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2016, 10:18 PM
Evening all
My geranium in my hanging basket is still flowering too, surprised it hasn't died from overwatering lol
Got hold of my aunty, she had been out...she was a bit upset that my dad didn't go but said if he didn't want to then he didn't have to, i told her both mum and i tried
Didn't know you could get thornless blackberries, learnt something again
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >