Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2015, 07:43 AM

Daily Thread, New Year's Eve, Thurs Dec 31

Good morning everyone, certainly feels chillier this morning and the wind is blowing well. Not looking forward to walking Amber in it, but still it has to be done.

Eileen, Very many congratulations on the birth of Lucia and Emily, what beautiful babies they are. Well done Sarah and poor Conor but he will be proud of all his girls.

Hope everyone else survived 'Frank'. What a nightmare for you all.

Have a good day all and stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2015, 07:54 AM
Good morning

Hope you don't get blown away or too wet on your walk Moyra

Congratulations to Sarah and all the family. Welcome to the world Lucia and Emily. They are beautiful. Hope Sarah is allowed home soon.

Still quite dark and was pouring a minute ago. Like you Moyra not looking forward to going out but needs must Eldest son off out today for a New Year's get together with friends. Will be back tomorrow he was going to York until Sunday but the weather has changed his mind. I told him I don't won't my car flooded out

Have a good day and stay safe. Hope nobody has been affected too bad by storm Frank.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2015, 08:24 AM
Firstly Congratulations to Nana Eileen, what beautiful babies, with beautiful names. Are these Dogseys first twinses?

Morning everyone else. I'm glad that night is over. My word what weather. How on earth people up north are coping I don't know.
I hope you are all safe warm and dry.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-12-2015, 08:35 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue, Nippy Jen and all who follow.

Calm here now and sun is shining chilly though. Yesterday really windy blew the car about while driving, and then about 7'ish the heavens opened. Like you Nippy Jen really do not know how those up North are coping and parts of Ireland.
We are lucky in Norfolk we have flood plains the farmers allow the rivers to flood some of the fields if necessary but we have natural wet lands anyway. Example Welney plus we had the clever dutch here a hundred or so years ago building Denver sluice and a few smaller sluices to cope with the big tidal rivers that feed into the smaller rivers and drains here. The banks on our rivers are extremely high and steep and some have a sort of double bank. To think we live with a river almost outside our front door and are safe and all due to the environment.

More rat proofing today blooming thing keeps making us think we have blocked it out well Gorden has then back it comes again. He has bought a head torch to see down into the eaves from the inside of the loft. Will stop the blighter if it kills us.

Morning Nanny Eileen hope Sarah's blood pressure is back to normal now and that all is well with the babies. Your mum will happy to see the new arrivals bet you will be too again.
Hope everyone else is well and all doglets.
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-12-2015, 09:21 AM
Good morning everyone and I hope you are all well.

Eileen, many congratulations to you and your family on the birth of Lucia and Emily. Lovely names for two gorgeous girls.

Gotta get going now, take Poppy out then round to my Dad's to help him get ready for his shindig tonight. He does this every year, couple of dear friends come over, he does a starter then a Chinese is delivered followed by fruit salad. Then it's party till midnight

Have a good day all, stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2015, 09:21 AM
The sun is shining here and I hope it is where you are Eileen and everyone else. Have a good day everyone. Happy New Year to all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2015, 09:37 AM
Morning all
well last night was a lot quieter for us...thankfully, hardly any wind!! not looking forward to tonight..fireworks, although kota isn't scared she barks and i have to give her a squeaky ball which means i end up playing fetch and listening to hours of squeaking Lol oh well if it makes her happy
Hoping Sarahs blood pressure is getting back to normal now and they will all be home soon for you Lacey
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-12-2015, 10:35 AM
Sun is shining here, been heavy rain overnight, but looking a lot better without the threat of another flood looming over us all.
I think reading about a bus with 12 passengers in Scotland that had got stranded in the water was the scariest thing ever.
Was thinking of you last night Nippy when I saw the news and hoping you would be with us today and not blown away somewhere.
Lynn that rat is determined isn't he if he is still trying his luck, has the camera picked up something again or have you just heard him.
I think your son staying away from York is a good idea Sue, hoping that everyone affected yesterday is warm,dry and safe today.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-12-2015, 01:48 PM
Afternoon everyone popped out for breakfast and a few bits. Quite busy out there today.

June we have heard him not every night just the odd one here and there and the camera picked him up in the loft again again at the beginning of the week.

I forgot to say it this morning Happy New Year to everyone.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-12-2015, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
More rat proofing today blooming thing keeps making us think we have blocked it out well Gorden has then back it comes again. He has bought a head torch to see down into the eaves from the inside of the loft. Will stop the blighter if it kills us.
Hi Lynn, is it the same one Have you got any traps up in the loft What about food they are usually looking for something to eat. Mind you I hasten to point out I'm no expert, my brother had them down at the stables I'll have to ask him for a few tips to pass on I suppose having the river on the other side of the road doesn't help, is that why those lorries are taking the 'rat run'
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »