Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2015, 08:04 AM

Daily Thread, Sun Dec 27

Good morning everyone, hope you have all survived. Worried about you June and LG sounds as though damage could be done locally. Hope Norma is ok further up country!

Lynn, glad you got on ok at Mark and Tracey's and that they at least are talking to each other.

Harvey hope you and the dogs are ok. Eileen hope all is well and quiet there for you.

Have a good day all, still very dark here going to have a quick shower and then get Amber out. Stay warm and dry and above all safe and well everyone, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-12-2015, 08:46 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Miserable wet day here today but count ourselves lucky we do not have the devastation they are suffering up North.
Hoping you had a good night June and are still safely ensconced in the house warm and dry June and you also LG.

Sent Mark a message a short while ago suggesting if he feels the relationship is worth saving maybe buy some flowers and say sorry even if he feels he isn't in the wrong. Have said sometimes you say or do something without realising and the other person cannot be bothered to speak or argue about it. I get like that with Gorden sometimes.
We shall see they are both at work today so hoping they can sort it later maybe.
griff hope your feeling better today.
Sue hope you managed to skype your son and see the new baby yesterday not the same as a cuddle but at least something.
Hoping everyone else and all doglets are well.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2015, 09:25 AM
Good morning

Have a nice walk with Amber and then stay warm Moyra

Good that they are talking Lynn so hopefully something can be sorted out between them. Maybe working today will give them some time to think and they have a good talk. Hopefulythe wether will clear for you soon. Yes I managed to see the new little one whilst she was asleep but that didn't last long she has a good pair of lungs

Hope June has had a safe night and that the girls aren't flooded out of their house and also no more damage for Gordon to repair.

Dull but dry here and still warm. Have walked Teazle and woken son who will emerge sometime before lunch Nothing planned today so after cooking for everyone over the Christmas period it will be something easy and then put my feet up.

Have a good day and hope everyone affected with this awful weather stays safe.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2015, 10:03 AM
Good morning all.
I'm thinking of everyone up north and affected by these dreadful floods. I just can't imagine how devastating it all is
Moyra I was thinking of you earlier, these mornings seem to be just getting darker
Lynn I hope Mark can sort things out. Us Mums always get caught in the middle don't we?
Sue glad you got to see the babe. Hope it won't be too long before you can see her for real? Any chance?

When Celia died earlier this year, I swore I would never get involved with a neighbour again. 10-15 last night my door bell rang. I was in bed. When we got to the door there was an elderly neighbour, no coat, just her slippers,looking for her nephew (who lives in London) We guided her back to her house but she was very stubborn and didn't want to stay there. In the end I called the non-emergency police who were going to keep a check on her. I haven't heard anything since so fingers crossed.....
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-12-2015, 10:08 AM
Dry and cold here, and sun is out, will take girls out for a walk and see what I can see and get piccies if possible.
Girls houses are built on a frame to raise them from the floor anyway, used to have pallets under them, but both new ones have their own frames underneath, then a double floor, insulated, rubber matting and then shavings so they are always dry and warm, any wet comes from their own makings
New grandaughter sounds lovely Sue, and you only have to see her and not listen to her when she starts, she'll be quite grown up when you next go over and meet her won't she.
Good idea Lynn, if he can maybe buy her flowers, take her something she likes, and if she can say thank you and not be shirty its a start. I remember my dad booking a table for their anniversary and my mother refusing to go, still remember that, after all these years, and being unable to understand how she could be so rude, hate bad manners in any shape or form, and even if underneath I want to shove peace offerings where the sun doesn't shine, I try to accept in the spirit it was offered.
Moyra hope you're feeling well today and things are quiet on the home front for you
Nippy, you snuck in Oh dear, poor woman, it sounds like she needs professional help and hasn't had it. She will be so confused poor thing. Will Social Services have been alerted by the police
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2015, 10:23 AM
I have been hoping that is what happened TW. I thought they would have got back to me but they haven't.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-12-2015, 10:44 AM
I'm sure if she was still wandering about you would have heard about it, probably because she would have come to your door. Its awful to think of her on her own like that, but even if she had 20 people with her she would still be convinced her nephew was missing and she needed to find him
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2015, 12:26 PM
Oh dear that is sad, you would have thought the police would have let you know Jenny. No you are not well and strong enough to take on another lost soul. You need your strength for you and Brian.

June glad the girls kennels are to a degree safe from flooding. Just walked Amber trying to rain here very overcast and miserable but you cannot help but feel for those up North. I hope Cameron and Osborne are going to give them more than just platitudes afterall insurance companies are not going to want to know any more. Where is all the help coming from other countries that we help, what about the EU surely they should come up with some cash. Seems it is a one way street when it comes to aid.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-12-2015, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Where is all the help coming from other countries that we help
Don't worry Moyra door to door collections are going on in India, Pakistan, Phillipines, Mexico, in fact the world is falling over themselves to help. Nice to know in it
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-12-2015, 12:45 PM
Couldn't agree more Moyra. We now have our own refugee situation and the flood victims deserve help before overseas aid. Those poor people with homes and businesses under water.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >