Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 07:24 PM

STAFFY AND MAL help/advice

I have just been on ad site and a staff(very well bred by the look of him) and a malamute puppy are being given away for FREE!!(2 seperate ads)...neither is speyed/castrated. I have emailed the owners but am worried they will end up in the wrong hands...what else can I do?
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 07:29 PM
You would want to speak to the breeders of both these dogs, but unfortunately you need a reply from the owners. Its so sad when peoples first point of call when they have problems are not the breeders and the local ads.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Well I got Georgie for FREE coz of his terrible skin condition at the time and I'm not half bad. Have to say though, he's cost me an absolute fortune over the past 5 years though! (I did donate off my own back though in case I get slated!!!) I know what you're thinking, but there are some loving, kind homes where people don't have the money to buy a dog, so let's just hope the owners of said dogs have that in mind when they actually part with their dogs? I'd give a dog away for free to a kind, loving home if I had no other choice, rather than send him to a rescue where I wouldn't have a choice where he'd end up, but then that would never, ever happen for us, nothing would make me part with my dogs and nothing ever has thank God, but SOME people find themselves in dire circumstances and maybe they find this option a better one, i.e. finding somebody loving and caring to home them to themselves?

I don't think there's a lot you can do really. People can do what they want with their own dogs can't they? Try not to think the worst, I'm sure the owners will mail you back maybe and say just what I've said above, hopefully!
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 07:36 PM
If they are giving the Mal pup away for free then hopefully they will sign him over to breed rescue (as long as he is KC reg'd).

If they reply then could you give them details of Mal Breed Rescue?

Alaskan Malamute Breed Rescue

Email: malamuterescue@btinternet.com

Telephone: 0790 8029796

They can only take KC registered Mals though.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-08-2008, 07:37 PM
I agree with H
Both Frankie and Milan were private rehome freebies and not neutered when I got them. Diesel too I guess but I knew his owner so thats different. I think they fell on their feet.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 07:51 PM
I know some dogs will 'fall on their feet' through this kind of rehoming but not all.
The staff owner has sent me a lovely email back...he is trying to work out how to take him abroad with him as he is heartbroken.
Thanks for the contact details Greyhawk...I have forwarded them to the mal owner
deez
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-08-2008, 08:06 PM
ah good, was gonna say about mally rescue, cos they re brilliant
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
Thanks for the contact details Greyhawk...I have forwarded them to the mal owner
That's ok and thank you for trying to help this little one It's so sad to see dogs of any age being rehomed, but especially when they are so young
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Well I got Georgie for FREE coz of his terrible skin condition at the time and I'm not half bad. Have to say though, he's cost me an absolute fortune over the past 5 years though! (I did donate off my own back though in case I get slated!!!) I know what you're thinking, but there are some loving, kind homes where people don't have the money to buy a dog, so let's just hope the owners of said dogs have that in mind when they actually part with their dogs? I'd give a dog away for free to a kind, loving home if I had no other choice, rather than send him to a rescue where I wouldn't have a choice where he'd end up, but then that would never, ever happen for us, nothing would make me part with my dogs and nothing ever has thank God, but SOME people find themselves in dire circumstances and maybe they find this option a better one, i.e. finding somebody loving and caring to home them to themselves?

I don't think there's a lot you can do really. People can do what they want with their own dogs can't they? Try not to think the worst, I'm sure the owners will mail you back maybe and say just what I've said above, hopefully!
I agree with youngstevie.
Sometimes peoples circumstances change and if I was in that situation I would deffo like to know where my dog was going. I know I got Ben from a rescue but I saw people there just looking for the pure breeds and not even looking at the crosses. Makes you wonder if they were looking for a bitch to breed or something like that. Yea I would advertise and meet the people a few times, that way you know they are serious and not just impulsive. you know what I mean?