Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by Naomi View Post
Hope she finds a good home.

Just being nosey now but after only one week why didn't they contact the breeder to give the breeder the opportunity to have her back?

I agree with this post, how sad that after one week they gave her up, I would be devistated if it was one of mine and someone did not get in touch with me, even when people have a policy to take dogs back that they have bread, owners for whatever reason dont seem to want to go back possibly they are ashamed and embarassed, or feel that they will be given a hard time about it who knows, if its kc reg and so on I thinks someone should contact the breeder and see if she knows what the situation is with the poor little thing,
It would be less confusing than going from, breeder to owner to rescue, then another then a foster home then on to be re-homed it is such a lot to go through at 9 weeks and many rotty pups go through a fear period around this age, the poor wee thing,
one week!! and they give up what were they thinking of (what was the breeder thinking of!!! both out working!!!)
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2006, 05:17 PM
sorry must have been typeing when post went up saying rescues often dont like the pup going back to the breeder to be sold on again,

Many rescues are very down on breeders saying we pick up the pieces after them and why do they end up in rescue, but if they will not allow the breeder to have them then its a no win situation, if I sold the pup and it came back healthy after one week I would give the owner a refund and sell if the owner did not want a refund I would re-home and take a nominal fee and donate it to breed rescue,
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by AllBreeds View Post
Lotty’s pervious owner bought her from a breeder at 8 weeks of age, unfortunately both her owners worked fulltime and were completely unaware how much time and commitment it took to bring up a puppy.

[/I]
So in a week they became aware that they worked full time and couldn't look after a pup as well?? They must be complete imbeciles the pair of them - and which idiot of a breeder allowed them the pup in the first place. If they were any sort of human they would accept the dog back off them and re-home it themselves not expect a rescue to do it for them. Ohh I get so mad reading things like this

I truly hope Lotty gets a great new experienced home, a home for life.
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
Many rescues are very down on breeders saying we pick up the pieces after them and why do they end up in rescue, but if they will not allow the breeder to have them then its a no win situation
I understand what your saying that by passing the pup back to the breeder it means one less to worry about rehoming But do you honestly think that would be in Lotty's best interest? Yes rescues time and time again have to pick up the pieces from irresponsible breeders but that doesn't mean the pups should be passed back, you couldn't call yourself a rescue if you did. Rescue is about helping dogs and doing what’s best for them, it would be far too risky for Lotty to go back to her breeder - her breeder didn't homevisit, didn't ask for permission from their landlord, had no way of enforcing Lotty is neutered in the future, was happy to home a puppy to a couple who worked fulltime, was happy to home a Rottie puppy to someone who had done absolutely no research on the breed and didn't bother to try and educate them either.

Lotty’s future now looks great, I know won’t be long before she finds the most perfect forever home.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2006, 05:50 PM
LOL - I've committed the same offence too, we must all have been typing our responses the same time.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2006, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by AllBreeds View Post
I understand what your saying that by passing the pup back to the breeder it means one less to worry about rehoming But do you honestly think that would be in Lotty's best interest? Yes rescues time and time again have to pick up the pieces from irresponsible breeders but that doesn't mean the pups should be passed back, you couldn't call yourself a rescue if you did. Rescue is about helping dogs and doing what’s best for them, it would be far too risky for Lotty to go back to her breeder - her breeder didn't homevisit, didn't ask for permission from their landlord, had no way of enforcing Lotty is neutered in the future, was happy to home a puppy to a couple who worked fulltime, was happy to home a Rottie puppy to someone who had done absolutely no research on the breed and didn't bother to try and educate them either.

Lotty’s future now looks great, I know won’t be long before she finds the most perfect forever home.
I would love it (and i have given it some thought as i have now bread two litters, which are still at home with the peeps that bought them,) if breeders could come up with some form of id for pups like a micro chip with the breeders details on it, and have some sort of pre planned contract which would enable rescues to give the breeder a chance to take the dog back work out any problems and re home, not just pups but any age of dog that they bread, however micro chipping is not ideal on small pups, It would be good if you could insist on your dogs being chipped,
and the details of the breeder were added as well as the new owner.
I agree that the breeders have put the pup into this situation in the fist place with there lack of concern as to the type of people buying there dogs, people like that really really get me I would be gutted if it were one of mine totaly devistated, pleading and begging for her back, given the breeders answers to the questions you have asked her though I think she stands far better chance of finding a home which will be for life with you. good luck she is a sweety,
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2006, 01:01 PM
Strange that the owners didn't take it back to the breeder. Ashamed or embarrassed perhaps. But if the dog is KC reg then it must of cost them a few hundrew pounds. And they didn't want their money back???
Hope they didn't pay by cheque cos the breeder could cancel it and demand the puppy back claiming payment had not been paid. The KC papers would still be in the breeders name in this short time, so it would be difficult to stop the breeder demanding it back as theoretically she has not been paid for it and the dog is registered in her name still.
I hope the owners gave you the papers then you have proof the dog was sold.
All Breeds
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

01-12-2006, 09:23 PM
Lotty has been reserved a will be off to her new home tomorrow
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2006, 09:48 PM
awe thats good news, so pleased for her.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2