View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2014, 03:53 PM
Are you literally saying my advice is all totally bad because I'm not a dog trainer? Man, your arrogance knows no bounds. Re-homing this dog blindly is stupid, trying to train him without help is stupid, and risking the safety of your family over a dog is stupid. My opinions, and just as valid as the next. I'm not going to argue with someone who only undermines me because I'm not a dog trainer and don't own aggressive dogs. I'm done with this entirely.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-12-2014, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Are you literally saying my advice is all totally bad because I'm not a dog trainer? Man, your arrogance knows no bounds. Re-homing this dog blindly is stupid, trying to train him without help is stupid, and risking the safety of your family over a dog is stupid. My opinions, and just as valid as the next. I'm not going to argue with someone who only undermines me because I'm not a dog trainer and don't own aggressive dogs. I'm done with this entirely.
I don`t know what Joedee believes , but my personal view is your advice being bad had nothing to do with you not being a dog trainer, its down to the fact its based on ignorance on how a dogs mind works, and your inability to take on any other view point other than your own,

Yes you are entitled to an opinion, but sadly that opinion is misguided and needs to be pointed out to others who may be reading this.

No one is suggesting re homing this dog blindly, it may well be that it needs to be euthanized but the dog deserves a chance to see if its problems are as bad as they say, it could well be a dog that has simply been allowed to get to big for its boots and is reacting, it could be a dog that just needs a different approach, until its assessed no one knows.

But from your previous posts, dogs don`t mean that much to you anyway, so your opinion that you would just have it put to sleep if it dared step out of line.......... does need challenging.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-12-2014, 05:10 PM
I could be wrong but hasnt pretty much every person on this thread advised 'professional help'? irrespective of how 'extensive' their 'experience' is?

MJ! how very dare you have an opinion
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-12-2014, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermonkey View Post
I could be wrong but hasnt pretty much every person on this thread advised 'professional help'? irrespective of how 'extensive' their 'experience' is?

MJ! how very dare you have an opinion
And has anyone noticed that LaMeur posted a thread in August 2013 asking for advice about the very same dog being aggressive and biting. She was given some good advice about seeking professional help which she obviously hasn't followed as she's now come back 16 months later with the virtually same problem ..... I despair!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2014, 01:32 PM
General advice when dealing with an aggressive dog:

Make sure that anyone who comes in contact with the dog is kept as safe as possible until the problem is resolved (this includes keeping the dog on a lead when going out)

Keep a diary and log events around any aggressive display so that triggers are easier to identify

Make sure that everyone involved with the dog is onboard as regards rehabilitation methods

Ignore internet advice - techniques to help overcome/manage aggressive tendencies should only be advised by someone who is able to observe the dog and its people and who has experience in working with aggressive dogs
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7