04-06-2011, 10:00 AM

Top Agility dogs siezed after malicious"anonymous"tip off

Please listen to the message from their distaught owner on this link

Please cross post everywhere
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 10:10 AM
I just cannot imagine a dog lover doing that to another dog lover!
and what that poor woman must be going tru - I hope they get it sorted out - that is just horrible
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 10:11 AM
I have just listened to this......I can't imagine what she is going through right now......
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 10:11 AM
people

its soo sad

if they have been here 8 months and have pp's i dont get why they are detained tho
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 10:12 AM
I have listened to this however I am very confused.

1 It does not state WHY these dogs were confiscated.
2 I do not understand why the dogs are specifically in quarantine kennels if they are fully pet passported, unless this is the designated kennels for confiscated dogs ie they have the appropriate security.
3 Why they have to stay there for 6 months.
4 All kennels must meet specific criteria and so if they do not there is a mechanism for reporting this.

I can only assume that the reason behind this action (notwithstanding the complaint and its veracity or not) is to do with the validity of the pet passport.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
I just cannot imagine a dog lover doing that to another dog lover!
and what that poor woman must be going tru - I hope they get it sorted out - that is just horrible
me thinks theres only one dog lover in that equation!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post

2 I do not understand why the dogs are specifically in quarantine kennels if they are fully pet passported, unless this is the designated kennels for confiscated dogs ie they have the appropriate security.
4 All kennels must meet specific criteria and so if they do not there is a mechanism for reporting this.

I can only assume that the reason behind this action (notwithstanding the complaint and its veracity or not) is to do with the validity of the pet passport.
my thoughts too... but poor dogs whatever at least they have each other.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
my thoughts too... but poor dogs whatever at least they have each other.
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post

Nothing to do with the validity of their passports, which have been accepted as correct, because the complaint has gone directly to the Govt the dogs have to be seized & the allegations checked, they have a Face-book group which has more detail.

Most of the good quarantine kernels do not have vacancies so they will be in the nearest one with space, some quarantine kennels are a disgrace & are very poorly run, others are brilliant with larger than basic size runs & kennels & excellent staff. No amount of legislation/visits will change bad kennels. The nearest one to me is super, you can visit whenever you like unnotified to check the facilities or visit your dog. They only have 8 kennels & 4 dedicated day staff & 2 night staff who work 8 hour shifts, so someone is always around.

Marita Gibbs brought in a Standard Poodle through them & days after he came out of kennels he went BIS at an all Breed Championship show. He was superbly groomed at the kennels as well
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 11:27 AM
I don't go on [a social network] so I shall remain in the dark.............. l)
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2011, 11:39 AM
That is awfull, don't really understand, I take it the complaint was made to stop her entrey into this Europian Championship. I do hope the dogs survive this terrible action being taken, all love and huggs to Alison and the dogs.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >