Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
Oh that is wonderful to hear that she is feeling better!! Typical hey, she'll be bright as a button now and you'll be feeling totally washed out!! Give that precious girly and big hug from me and sneak one in for gorgeous Georgie too, just because! xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sounds like you speak from experience - I feel c*ap!!!! The queaky ball's getting a hammering now, so I'm sure whatever it was has gone, thanks Claire.xxxxxxxx

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Great news. I usually find with Ollie he is usually back to his old self by the next day. But like you I either end up sleeping downstairs or laying wake upstairs listening.

Just a thought could something of frightened of her when she rushed to that hedge or nipped her. I know anything unusual in the garden or when out can set Ollie back. This year it has taken days too get him out into the dark because of the fireworks. He spooks so easily and I know GSD's are like Bernese so sensitive.
Thanks Lynn, I think it's more the case that she expected something to be there in that same spot the way she raced straight towards it, and it could well have been a toad or similar coz I've seen one here in the summer which she was very interested in. I checked it out on t'internet but couldn't work out if it was a large frog or a toad! She seems absolute fine now, although she wants her walk, but I've fed her now, so she's gotta wait! Plus it's hissing down!!xxx

Originally Posted by Rolosmum View Post
So glad to hear that she seems much better, as for the poo if you have the rain we have it will in all likelihood have washed away, it is literally raining cats and dogs!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Rolosmum, yes it's really awful here too, and the wind! I will be down there in a mo don't you worry! I'm getting quite excited about seeing it, but then that's me, I'm very weird when it comes to poo, I'm addicted!!!

Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Wonderful news Aitchxx
Thanks Jackie, she's actually upside down now here at my feet, and you know only too well what that means!!! xxxxx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 08:27 AM
Missed all this yesterday

Read through the whole thread with heart in mouth so glad to hear that she is much better this morning. Gee what a worry for you. Give Zena a gentle hug from us and tell her she's not to go scaring her mum like that again x
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 08:30 AM
No excuse H not wanting to go out with PJs on Mouse had me down the garden just after 5 in PJs

On a serious note so glad she is on"the up"

x x x
Jeanette
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 08:46 AM
That is good news H. I am pleased she is appearing to be a bit better, but definitely check there are no toads lurking under the hedge that she can get to. I know of a Boxer dog who died after licking one It all happened very quickly though, and if Zena is acting much brighter this morning it was probably just a little tummy bug or similar
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 08:46 AM
So glad to hear she is feeling much better today. Your as bad as me getting exicited about getting outside to inspect poo when they have been off colour
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Missed all this yesterday

Read through the whole thread with heart in mouth so glad to hear that she is much better this morning. Gee what a worry for you. Give Zena a gentle hug from us and tell her she's not to go scaring her mum like that again x
Thanks Lynne It has been a whole year since my last scare, and at least this one was short lived, so I'll let her off this time.xxxx

Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
No excuse H not wanting to go out with PJs on Mouse had me down the garden just after 5 in PJs

On a serious note so glad she is on"the up"

x x x
Jeanette
Thanks Jeanette I don't mind doing the pj bit, I've done it many a time, but in this weather??????!!!!! Having said that, guess where I've just been!!!! xxxxx

Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
That is good news H. I am pleased she is appearing to be a bit better, but definitely check there are no toads lurking under the hedge that she can get to. I know of a Boxer dog who died after licking one It all happened very quickly though, and if Zena is acting much brighter this morning it was probably just a little tummy bug or similar
thanks Kirsty. It's hard to tell the difference though. The thing I saw in the summer under one of the bamboo's was very big, very still, and very mottled grey/brown, but I kept her away from it and shooed it away! I've just been an investigated down there in this howling gale and pouring rain, but can't find anything untoward xxxx

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
So glad to hear she is feeling much better today. Your as bad as me getting exicited about getting outside to inspect poo when they have been off colour
Lol Bev, we get obsessed with it don't we, but then it does tell us a lot! Anyhoo, I just did my poo inspection,. and it seemed perfectly normal. I've checked around the whole garden now,whilst Zena was busy giving me her frisbee or ball, in this awful weather, I'm soaked to the skin now! I wish I could deal with all those leaves lying around, those small acer ones worry me, but of course, they're all stuck solid to the grass now I can't use the blower until it dries out. I can see it all now, I'll be out there later on with the rake in the pouring rain, raking up dead leaves, my neighbours are gonna have a field day with this one lol! They'll be sending that van round!!! xxxx
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 08:57 AM
German Shepherds are such a worry, aren`t they?
A touch of indigestion has them looking at you with the `not long for this world` look, yet they ignore the fact their pad`s sliced open because there`s a squirrel in sight.
I hope your girlie continues to improve.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 09:10 AM
Hope Zena is ok, what an awful scare and night for you all, sending a hug (x)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
German Shepherds are such a worry, aren`t they?
A touch of indigestion has them looking at you with the `not long for this world` look, yet they ignore the fact their pad`s sliced open because there`s a squirrel in sight.
I hope your girlie continues to improve.
Lol, you're sooooo right with that one! Of all the sheps I've had, Zena has got to be the biggest wuz! It helps our case though doesn't it quite honestly, they always know how to let us know something's wrong! Dave can never spot it, whereas I'm always on the ball with my dogs, nobody knows them like I do! I can't believe I spent half an hour lying on the kitchen floor either, but then you can can't you!!!!

Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Hope Zena is ok, what an awful scare and night for you all, sending a hug (x)
Thanks k9paw, all is well this morning, and it's getting worse with that squeaking ball!!! I've rung the vet just to let them know all is well in case it went on her records. Phew! Another truma over then.

I'm nipping out for half an hour to get that fish, when I've cooked up this mash of course! This is going to be yet another Zena day for me! Not forgetting old Georgie of course
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 09:45 AM
So happy to read that Zena feels better this morning! I hate when they don't feel well!
Page 5 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »