Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bfetterman
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-06-2012, 01:39 PM

Flea Control

My poor pup has fleas It seems its always been something I've had to fight against. Even when he was 7 weeks old, the fleas would attack him Now, he's finally old enough that I can use a topical, but the one I bought didnt work (I shouldve done research before-hand, I know, and I'm already feeling extremely guilty). I have no intentions of using the same one ever again, so my question is is there something I can do to get rid of the fleas so soon after I applied it?

It was applied yesterday and I plan on giving him a bath in puppy shampoo, not flea and tick shampoo. I also know that getting the fleas out of the house is extremely important and I'm already in the process if doing this (I have experience because I tried to rescue a stray cat. She ran away after a week but left all her "friends" behind). It makes me so sad seeing my little guy scratch himself so much, not to mention that the fleas are now trying to get to me too
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm sorry you little fella is suffering with fleas at the moment. Not nice for him nor you watching him scratch.

I use Advocate every 4 weeks and have never had a problem with my dogs with fleas. It also protects against lung worm etc etc.

You don't say what you used on him, but I personally wouldn't give one of my dogs a bath a day a day or so after having the treatment applied. It may be worth you contacting your vet and getting advice from them.

Good luck and I hope you get rid of the little critters once and for all.