Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 09:08 AM

Thank you Radio 4!!

After two sleepless nights we got Monty settled in his basket in the kitchen and turned on radio 4 on a small radio. He barked for half an hour then we didn't hear a peep from him until 7am!

I was chuffed to bits with him! I'm not counting my chickens but fingers crossed tonight will be the same, only differnce being that I will get up to let him out half way through the night.
DalaiMama
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-12-2008, 09:21 AM
Mine like Radio 4 too. Its good to have on when you are around too, so he associates it with normal family life, then when you go out it's some familiar background noise to keep him company.

Isn't David Jason reading the book at bedtime this week? Maybe he is enthralled with the story.

Good to hear he is settling. My parents had a Boxer called Monty, a lovely dog.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Yeh I was listening to David Jason whilst trying to settle monty last night. I spend lots of time in the kitchen with him so he associates it as a nice place to be.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 10:06 AM
Never mind the dogs, I love radio 4, but then, I am a founder member of "The Old Farts Club"
DalaiMama
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-12-2008, 10:26 AM
I must be an old fart too, can I join?
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 10:57 AM
i will only listen to the radio or should that be wireless (im an oldie) when im doing the ironing, then i listen to the local station essex radio. but then i zone out listening to the pop rubbish thats about now.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 11:24 AM
The OH had put Classic FM on for him but I didn't think it was very soothing music for a puppy!!

Next week we're going to get him used to us going out and leaving him during the day, god help my furniture!!
DalaiMama
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
The OH had put Classic FM on for him but I didn't think it was very soothing music for a puppy!!

Next week we're going to get him used to us going out and leaving him during the day, god help my furniture!!
Ah, happy days. I still have the teethmarks to remind me

The best one of all was the day that I came home to find Archer had de-stuffed the sofa cushions. It was like a foam party. I must admit I went out of the room for a minute or two or he might not have made his next birthday. I saw the funny side later, he did look so pleased with himself for slaying the horrible demon sofa
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 11:55 AM
The dining table and chairs are the only thing he can really chew in there that I like. I'm thinking of wrapping the legs in bubble wrap and spraying with that anti chew spray stuff.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 09:26 PM
lol i leave the radio on in the day time mine love radio 4 ,as well . hope you get to sleep tonight
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >