View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 07:33 PM
this is so annoying what has started it off was a dog which was taught to fight by its owneres was left wiv a child who it the right mind would do this no right minded parent would as good with kids as suki is i would never leave her wiv a 5 yr old unattended when its a party and fireworks are going off left right and cenre the uncle of that girl shuld be dragged over the coals not the dog breed
ATD xxx
shirls
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-02-2007, 08:09 PM
:smt002 :smt002 It's easier to take dogs probably harmless family pets than go after the real criminals who do have dangerous dogs and will have no intention of handing them in. Makes you wonder though exactly where are they going to find space in prisons for those dog owners who do not hand in their pet. Will they release a few rapists and peadophiles
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-02-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
this is so annoying what has started it off was a dog which was taught to fight by its owneres was left wiv a child who it the right mind would do this no right minded parent would as good with kids as suki is i would never leave her wiv a 5 yr old unattended when its a party and fireworks are going off left right and cenre the uncle of that girl shuld be dragged over the coals not the dog breed
ATD xxx
The dog has been pts,BUT THE OWNER NOT PROSECUTED. Where may i ask is the justice in that? They know that there are a***holes fighting dogs and they know where they live,so why persecute the general public and put the fear of god into them? They are saying anything and everything is TYPE!!! Staffords,Bullies and ISBT have all been classed as TYPE and been wrongly slaughtered.As others have said come to my house and try and take my dog,Because you'll have to take me first.
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by Stamford View Post
As others have said come to my house and try and take my dog,Because you'll have to take me first.

Same here mate
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 08:24 PM
I suppose all this in a very indirect way seems to hammer home the need for breeding to standard. if all breeders bred to breed standards there would be less chance of mix ups as to what breed a particular dog is, there fore less chance of that family staffie being mistaken for something other than what it is. and being put to sleep in error.

its all very sad, far too many dogs suffering because of mans stupidity IMO.

Mo
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
I suppose all this in a very indirect way seems to hammer home the need for breeding to standard. if all breeders bred to breed standards there would be less chance of mix ups as to what breed a particular dog is, there fore less chance of that family staffie being mistaken for something other than what it is. and being put to sleep in error.

its all very sad, far too many dogs suffering because of mans stupidity IMO.

Mo

I agree with what your saying,but even KC reg Staffords are been taken.......
We always have had cross breeds in this country and we always will,i really don't know what he answer is to be honest,as Steve has pointed out they are classing anything as Type at the moment....
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2007, 09:06 AM
The reason I said the police expected more is that of the 71 dogs only 28 or so have been handed in, the others have been seized, which in my book means they haven't had as many as they had hoped for (which is a good thing).
I appreciate this is a very difficult time for everyone involved but getting irrate over a law that's been in existance for 16 years will not solve a thing. It needs to be challenged so instead of getting all emotional on a dog board on the internet do something positive, find out about who these experts are that are assessing dogs and see if they can be challenged as to their experience and so on.
Throwing temper tantrums on forums does no good whatsoever.
Becky
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2007, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
The reason I said the police expected more is that of the 71 dogs only 28 or so have been handed in, the others have been seized, which in my book means they haven't had as many as they had hoped for (which is a good thing).
I appreciate this is a very difficult time for everyone involved but getting irrate over a law that's been in existance for 16 years will not solve a thing. It needs to be challenged so instead of getting all emotional on a dog board on the internet do something positive, find out about who these experts are that are assessing dogs and see if they can be challenged as to their experience and so on.
Becky

Becky,i can't see anybody throwing temper tantrums,
Emotions are running high,granted, you put yourself in bull breed owners shoes and see how you feel.I am cautious over where i walk my dogs,we have been warned not to let them show any aggression towards another dog,even if challenged,we have been told to keep them onlead at all times etc...
Once they have seized your dog,they will not tell you anything,you have no visiting right,you are not allowed to even recieve any news about your dog,they will not tell you who the experts are.This can sometimes take up to two years to fight it in court,imagine your dog in kennels for that length of time with no visiting rights,no news,no nothing....and for what looking the way you do...if it was a person it would be called racisim
Yes we have had this stupid piece of legislation for 16 years but can you ever remember anything like this,because i can't.
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-02-2007, 09:23 AM
Who's throwing temper tantrums Becky ? I thought a forum was for discussion and as this one is about dogs and the subject is dogs so i thought it would be ok to discuss. As for finding out if things can be challenged do you not think that some of us are doing something about it.Go to the Deed not Breed website and you will see there are a few of us from here doing something.I have no argument to what you say about being positive,but i do find your last post slightly patronising.
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Becky
Whos throwing temper tantrums, you would be exactly the same if all this hype was surrounding poodles.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >