View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2005, 12:25 PM
It's a fine line btween the two I think Inca. There's being over protective, and the kids don't learn how to have fun, and there's letting them learn themselves and no guidelines are set.

I'd like to think all my kids have happy teens, one's where they've been able to live life to the full, and enjoyed every minute of it, doing everything from sports to a chilled night at home, playing games, partying with Mum or just chilling in front of the T.V. I'd hate to think I've kept them cooped up and getting old before thier time.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-07-2005, 12:26 PM
My teenage son and his friends spend far too much time in front of the pc He spends more time on the pc than I do

I would rather he went out and did something like playing football or going swimming. If I am lucky I manage to drag him out for a walk with the dogs.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-07-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by Inca
whats sort of stuff are they into ..... was just chatting to a mate about what we allow them to do and the things we teach them ..

one of mine is 13 and totally sports mad..in lots of clubs and never in

the other is 16 next week just started the going out with girls and the party scene.........he got very ill last week from drinking at a party and decided he didn't like drink LOL ( was rather green)

are you like me and give them strong guildlines BUT allow them to learn certain things for themselves ??????
mine have there own children now they can learn what i had to put up with
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-07-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by Carole
My teenage son and his friends spend far too much time in front of the pc He spends more time on the pc than I do

I would rather he went out and did something like playing football or going swimming. If I am lucky I manage to drag him out for a walk with the dogs.
pull the plug out Carole
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-07-2005, 12:31 PM
have tried that but he uses the laptop so it does not work
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2005, 12:32 PM
I'm lucky at the fact that Craig is very sporty. He loves football and rugby and plays whenever and wherever he can, including in the house He's quite attatched to his girlfriend too so he spends a lot of time with her.

Charley and Emma love swimmng, so they use the pool when the weather allows, if not, they use the jacuzzi as a 'mini' pool. Emma loves horses, so I try and get her lessons whenever possible. If not, they'd sit in front of the PC all day, playing 'The Sims'
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-07-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Carole
have tried that but he uses the laptop so it does not work

thatīs what they do allways find a way you canīt win
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2005, 01:28 PM
my daughter 19 . a goth punk type with a face full of metal tribal tattoos everyeher and an attitude as bad as she looks .. .. we asked her to pay board ( at 19 and a half ) she was pretty lucky for not paying way b4 now .. so she packed in her job so she couldnt pay board . leaving herself with no money . so she started stealing from my purse .. it was then i had to ask her to leave to live with her dad
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Sophie is 14 nearly 15 and is into the PC, she runs several websites. She is also very much into drawing and animation. She wants to be an animator when she is older. Conor is 12 on Friday and likes football, cricket, rugby, play station , PC and reading
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2005, 02:11 PM
so all normal kids then .......lol
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >