View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Sky News were discussing again today (They've now decided it was Coventry after all )

Allegedly this woman has committed no crime, there is no law that says you can't put a live cat in a wheelie bin as the saying goes 'The law is an ass'

The RSPCA are 'investigating' what ever that means

As I hinted above, there's not a day goes by now when I don't see the stupidity and downright ignorance of people, it's really starting to get to me, I shall have to stop watching the news programmes, they are just too depressig
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2010, 09:49 AM
It has made it to our news now, calling for calm, the lady was 'in talks' with police, but before the police got to her house, there was an angry crowd outside her home
http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/mp/7818...-uk-cat-woman/
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2010, 09:49 AM
I just read about it on Yahoo news and the woman is saying "it was only a cat"....some people deserve any reprisals they get, I know if it was my pet I wouldn't let it drop as easily as the cats owner has implied..she doesn't want anyone to take the law into their own hands, she is happy for the RSPCA to investigate
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2010, 10:49 AM
They have named the woman now and she said she did it because she thought it was funny!!! Vile woman

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100825...y-6323e80.html

Mary Bale i hope you are proud of yourself and your actions, if i was your employer i would be having serious doubts about your character about now!

ETA - Reading the daily mail she works at the RBS rudgy branch it seems, if that were my bank i would be moving my accounts elsewhere.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Not an offence??? S. 4 of the Animal Welfare Act 2006 makes it an offence to cause unnecessary suffering to an animal. Was this unnecessary? Totally. Did being shut in the bin cause suffering? Undoubtedly. Should she have known that? Of course she knew that being dropped in a bin and then the lid closed would cause the cat suffering.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2010, 12:30 PM
She is trying to say she thought the cat would be able to 'wiggle out' would love to know how she though the poor girl was going to be able to do that with smooth sides and a closed lid!

Oh and her mother is trying to use the fact her father had a nasty fall and she was under stress as an excuse! I'm sorry but thats bull plop. I lost my grandad, my baby and my husband lost his job all in the space of a few months and i didnt go around putting cats into bins! Yes stress can effect you but it doesnt stop you from knowing right from wrong . .
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2010, 12:54 PM
How can she say that a cat trying to scramble up the inside of a smooth dark bin with a closed lid doesn't cause unnecessary suffering
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2010, 01:36 PM
I do hope there are some serious repurcussions for this disgusting excuse for a human being.

The first thing would be to remove her from her employment at RBS Rugby........
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2010, 01:52 PM
I would remove her from the Choir she is a part of as well, not very Christian what she did.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Stupid woman, she's not doing herself any favours asking what the fuss is all about, 'it's just a cat'. Silly bint will never live this down.

As others have said, she has caused unnecessary suffering to an animal so why isn't she being prosecuted under the animal welfare act?

Also, I have to ask, is she really only 45 years old?????
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >