View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Yes I would, yes I have, RSPCA did nothing, I sorted it!
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Yes I would, yes I have, RSPCA did nothing, I sorted it!
YUP!!!! exactly the same!!! I have no faith in the RSPCA sorry to say.
This dog in qustion "dissapeared" and lived a long happy life.

Would def do it again, there is NO EXCUSE for cruelty to any animal or child!!!
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-04-2010, 06:39 PM
I have to say I hope I never have to witness anything like that - but yes I could not let any animal suffer. They are not able to speak for themselves and rely on us to do it for them.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Two seperate incidents I have witnessed still haunt me today. The first was in Prague a couple of years ago, when 4 of us were walking along and two people ( seperately) were sitting on the pavement begging with their dogs alongside them. One of the dogs approached the other dog ( feet away) and the owner immediately got up and grabbed the dog by the scruff of it's neck held it high and threw it down hard on the pavement. Sorry, but I couldn't witness that without saying anything - so I made my feelings known!! Only to be pulled away by my husband saying " you just don't know - he may turn on you"!!!!!!!!!!

Again, whilst on holiday, staying with my friend in Spain, a neighbour was hitting his dog with a chain. The dog was yelping and I flung open the windows and shouted at him ( I won't say what his reply was either!!)

I discussed this with the family, who told me it was a regualr occurrence , and they too were inclined to turn a blind eye as he already had a reputation to retaliate.

It sickens me when people can ignore this cruelty!
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2010, 07:06 PM
I would definitely report them. I would also intervene if I witnessed it even if it meant jeopardising myself. Fortunately I haven't witnessed it.
A friend of mine witnessed a GS being beaten on a regular basis. He did report it but nothing was done. So when the guy went out one day he went and took the dog!! He kept it for years! He was a lovely dog and I'm so glad he took him! I just hope the previous owner got his just desserts!!
josshun
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-04-2010, 08:26 PM
being on owner of 4 dog's and lover of all i would not hesitate to report any abuse if i had enough money i would resue all the abused animal's i could find, the unspoken can not tell you only ther action's can god loves every one it's only man that does not
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2010, 06:24 PM
I think the whole situation with Kane the rottie round here proves that I would, animals don't have a voice, its up to those around to give them one, and I think that those who know its going on, and allow it are no better then those who have done it and do it, I do wonder what the people who sit back and watch things like this would do if it was a child that it was happening too, both are just as bad as each other, as the victim does not have the means to help themselves.

To me though it would be worse it being someone that I knew rather then someone in the street, but in both incidenstances I would do all that I can to help the victim out of its situation.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Yes, I would and yes, I have done and would do both again if I had to. There is very little, if anything, I hate more than animal abuse of any form.
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2010, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
To right I would.

If the rspca did nothing, then I'd make sure that the poor dog *disappears*, off to somewhere it'll be cared for and loved.
I can't understand how anyone could not do all in their power, difficult as it maybe, to get a dog or other animal out of that situation. Its cowardess of the highest order imo.
Technically illegal but I would do the same! I worked for the RSPCA years ago when they were much better than they seem to be now and some of the cruelty i saw sickened me to the stomach. Animal and child cruelty is deplorable and should always be reported.
pointyhound
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-04-2010, 12:04 PM
I would report if serious, such as beating and physical abuse or mistreatment but I woldn't expect RSPCA to do anyhting because as many on here have already said, if the dog looks physically fine and has access to food/water/fresh air, they don't take it further.

Depending on the situation I would probably have a little chat.

My neighbour was looking after her brothers dog for a couple of weeks but never took it out.They would shout at him for misbehaving and leave him in the garden when he was naughty and then shout at him again for digging holes. He just needed a couple of good walks every day, so I just said "you know, mine would be the same if I didn't exercise him either". The next day I saw them take him out.
They didn't have much of a clue though. He would eat grass and be sick and they would shout at him for that. I pointed out he might not actually feel very well and they looked a bit sheepish!
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »