View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2010, 09:13 PM

Crufts 2010 - what were your highlights?

What have you enjoyed most about this year's Crufts, whether you were there or viewing from a distance what stood out for you most?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2010, 09:13 PM
it was nice to see a rottie go through to the final 7
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
it was nice to see a rottie go through to the final 7
And come third
Dachshund
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-03-2010, 09:24 PM
To actually be there this year was my most memorable moment, next year I'll be showing
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Dachshund View Post
To actually be there this year was my most memorable moment, next year I'll be showing
I had a gorgeous min wire Dachs share his supper with me today. It was love at first sight ;o)
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Seeing as I only watched the judging on TV (all 5 minutes of the 60 minute program), I don't have many 'highlights'...BUTTT I did like watching the little Maltese float around the ring.
Dachshund
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I had a gorgeous min wire Dachs share his supper with me today. It was love at first sight ;o)
MW's are adorable dogs, but I would be biased
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2010, 10:23 PM
My highlights -
*meeting everyone who came to The Blue Cross stand today and hearing so many stories of support for the organisation I love and work for, including support and praise (and thanks) for our Pet Bereavement Support Service (within my department) and successful re-homings.
*Meeting and petting my first ever Pharaoh Hound and Clumber Spaniel - two breeds I now know I will only ever admire from a distance.
*Meeting Karen and Coco (Friends for Life nominees) and hearing first hand from someone who has been affected by the work that I (and my colleagues of course) do for a living, in such a positive way. I would have loved her to win but as she told me today, she is always a winner because Coco has completely changed her life!
*Meeting my first ever (and falling head over heels in love with the) Italian Spinone - just divine, as well as seeing my favourites again; GSP, GWP, Setters, Rotties, GV Petit Bassett, Viszla......so many!
*Meeting so many of the working dogs out there for the disabled, deaf, armed and special forces. There was a brown and tan working cocker that if it had stayed still long enough it would have come home with me in my handbag!! ;o)
*But above all, realising that in spite of all of the wonderful dog breeds I met, I own the one and only breed for me ( a 'real' springer ;o) and I just couldn't wait to get home to him!
Luckypirate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-03-2010, 12:55 AM
Loved Richard Curtis's heelwork to music routine, saw it twice on Thursday =]
Pastoral group judging was very good too, I was rooting for the corgi.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2010, 01:13 AM
Originally Posted by Luckypirate View Post
Loved Richard Curtis's heelwork to music routine, saw it twice on Thursday =]
Yep - watching online, I saw it several times, made me laugh out loud - and hold my breath with the perfect timing. Richard's best ever, I would say. Pogo has come on incredibly well - apparently she now also does sheep herding!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »