Our sister sites
Our sister sites
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Gave in....have new PC....

I could not reboot the system, It would not allow me to run Virus checkers......

Thanks for the help
ooops didn't see this til now.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2009, 03:58 PM
thats Ok - I can't see any reason why the old one shouldn't be OK.

I could well have been a virus but I could not get the virus checker to work, and windows defender went down as well! I really wasnted to invest in a Mac - but I just don't have that extra few pennies to spend at the moment.
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

18-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Thinking about it, you don't have to buy a Mac to get a pre-installed *Nix system. These guys ship pre-installed Linux machines & pretty reasonable price too, bearing in mind they're probably pretty near to custom built and you'd get proper support.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-11-2009, 09:17 AM
If it's a refurb then you should have a coa sticker on it some where like this the top one is what a retail coa looks like and the bottom 2 what OEM COA is like.

You only need a copy of a windows disk to reinstall the Operating system borrow a friends disk if they have one you don't need thier COA code as you already have one on the side of your PC.
Put the CD in the drive and as long as your pc can boot from the DVD/ CD drive then it should automaticly start to install windows for you.
Just follow the on screen instructions you shouldn't have any trouble with it at all, after installation you'll have to active it if you don't do it over the Internet you can do it via the free phone number it's all automated so you don't speak to any one aslong as you have a touch tone phone you can activate your OS this way.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2