Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2009, 08:19 PM

Another problem :-(

Ok, as you know from my previous post my Sony Vaio had a problem with graphics card, Sony replaced it free of charge along with the main board. Came back, half programs missing so they sent me again free of charge a full set of recovery discs.

All has been fine for the past week or so, then today did Windows updates, now it's asking me to validate my Vista, I type in the number and it's telling me:

Invalid Product Key Code: 0xC004F050

Description: The Software Licensing Service reported that the product key is invalid

If I click next, it just through the same process again, with same error code, if I click on cancel the only options I get then are:

Buy new product key online
Type a different product key
Contact Sony to help resolve problem.

Now I have the genuine discs and license number, sticker is on back of computer.

Any suggestions please????
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2009, 08:23 PM
You`d be better off getting on to Microsoft. Unless of course it was a hooky copy ...
just a thought - my son had to contact Microsoft when his (genuine) OS wouldn`t load. It turned out the key had been pirated - some sort of security breach their end. They gave him a new key.
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

02-11-2009, 08:08 AM
That's what you get for using proprietary software I'm afraid. It's not your software, Microsoft are just being 'good' enough to let you use it. I may sound like a stuck record but, there is another way...

OK, thought I'd add to that with some practical advice.

Firstly, there does seem to be a Linux User Group in your area. Here's some info. The link just seems to take you back to the central LUG site but there is an email address too.

Also, there's Bristol Wireless. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't begrudge offering some advice. I'll let them know you might be in contact.

You've been beset with Windows related problems twice now. As I mentioned, there is a way out. The door is open...