Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2005, 09:15 PM

school meals

what does everyone think about school meals and the way kids eat today?

ive jus seen this on the news (i dont watch the news much) and all the kids were pickin at the healthy stuff they were given in disgust cos they want chips.

Do u think its the parents fault for not offering a healthy diet at home?

most of the kids i see (whilst workin at restaurants) will eat chicken nuggets and chips or something equally unhealthy and have a temper tantrum if they dont get wot they want. only ONCE have i ever seen a child opting for a healthy meal, which happened to be sardines!
And my bfs nephew is fed on whatever he wants to eat, usually tins of beans and sausages! hardly healthy! he has a temper tantrum if he doesnt get wot he wants, so obv for parents its easier jus to feed crap

i really admire parents who make their children eat healthily
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by Jenny
Do u think its the parents fault for not offering a healthy diet at home?
To a low income family they may have no choice what they feed- cheapest is best
the free school dinner may be the best meal they have all day
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2005, 09:23 PM
i find healthy food far cheaper than ready meals for example. It jus takes a bit longer to prepare.

i mean, bfs parents buy all sorts of crap! they spend a huge amount on shopping but come back with hardly anything! why? cos they spend it on cakes, sweets, boxes of coke, ready meals etc.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2005, 09:25 PM
Think it just depends on income and circumstance- a lone parent on a low wage for example may not have the time and money to cook a healthy option
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2005, 09:29 PM
yeh, but its so sad when all kids seem to eat is chicken nuggets and chips. cos alot of the time it goes on into adulthood and causes obesity
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2005, 09:31 PM
its not always low income families tho aswell. Alot of families can afford it but want the easy option
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2005, 09:32 PM
Like you say sometimes its probably easier to get a child to eat crap food rather than nothing
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2005, 09:53 PM
i do agree Jenny, kids should be feed better but it cant always happen. i try to feed my kids well but say if we were out and the kids wanted the junk food i would probale let them have it as it would not give them something to start over, but at home they eat what they are given and if they dont then they dont eat.
and my kids now have a packed lunch in school as i then know that there not having chips again
pete
Almost a Veteran

30-03-2005, 10:13 PM
i blame the super markets for sellin so much proccessed crap in the first place , if they give a **** they wouldnt sell it and give people the option of buying such c rap food.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by pete
i blame the super markets for sellin so much proccessed crap in the first place , if they give a **** they wouldnt sell it and give people the option of buying such c rap food.
haha i was thinking that today! if only tesco didnt sell so much crap i wouldnt end up spending so much extra money on icecream when i jus go in for bread!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >