View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-05-2014, 07:05 AM

Morning Dogsey daily (Bank holiday Monday).

Morning everyone bight out there today with intermittent showers.
We were hoping to get the grass cut well what there is of it.
I will be doing some weeding and sowing some seeds although late today. Just tidying indoors and plenty of bits for lunch bubble and squeak and steak and kidney pie from yesterday so I won't be trapped in the kitchen cooking today.

Helena hope the hand is still healing nicely after your clever find on how to keep the poorly finger safe.
Nippy Jen and all others with aches and pains and OH's with aches and pains hope you are feeling better today.
Hoping all our furrie friends are well also.

Enjoy the Bank holiday Monday everyone.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-05-2014, 07:12 AM

I woke far too early but full of the joys of "what can I do today" so am having another "cook for the freezer" day and have already got two slow cookers on the go! Da Booga sat watching intently hoping that I would either drop something or offer a bit of what I was prepping, and went off in a sulk when all she got was a pat on the head!

I hope all poorlies are well this morning, and wish you all a

Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2014, 07:22 AM
Good morning Lynn, good morning Malka, hope all is well with everyone and good morning to all who follow. I have just walked Amber and it is obvious we had a fair bit of rain overnight and it is still trying to rain now. Hope it brightens up later on.

Take care everyone and have a good day all, God bless.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2014, 07:24 AM
I had a very early wake up call this morning and I am beginning to think my boys simply want to go outside to hear the dawn chorus We all went back to sleep and I didn't get up until about 7.30 which was nice.

It was raining first thing and hasn't stopped yet although it is possibly getting thinner. This afternoon is meant to be heavy rain showers, so I must get the dogs out in this thinner rain if they are to have a decent walk at all.

No plans today but a list of things that need to be done ... ironing, dusting, washing

Lynn good luck getting your grass cut

See you all later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-05-2014, 07:33 AM
Morning Malka, Moyra and Jenny.

Good luck with all that cooking and don't forget to slip Pereg a small morsel.
Morning Moyra. The weather man did say it was bad Saturday which it was nice yesterday which it was and an even better day today which so far it isn't. Might have to get on the weather man hot line and complain.
Morning Jenny naughty boys. I am also watching the weather for a break in the rain to get Dillon up the road so far its dry but I am still in dressing gown drinking tea and Gorden is hogging the bathroom.
Don't work too hard with all that housework it is Bank holiday Monday after all.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2014, 07:40 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

Bright and dry here this morning and the birds sound louder than ever as I nurse my hangover. Although it was a good night last night at the karaoke. We never got in till about 12.30 though and went up to bed about 1.30. Unfortunately my body clock got me up at 5am but after 30 mins up I did go back to bed and sleep for another hour or so.

Charly and I will be walking Harley later and going to get some fresh strawberries from the farm. Not sure what else yet, just enjoying not having to work I expect..

Lynn I hope you get your grass cut. I have plenty here if you want some more

Have a good day all
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-05-2014, 07:56 AM
Morning Bev I am speaking very quietly. Glad you had a good time. Enjoy the time with Charly and Ash.
No grass thank you but will have some strawberries.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2014, 07:56 AM
Morning all. Sorry to hear you've all got rain ( * sniggers smiley *) it's gorgeous here. Blue sky & sunshine. Just hope it lasts.
I don't know what I'm doing today. I need to nip to Aldi for my moisturiser ( only the best for me ) & then call up to my daughters to drop her birthday card off for tomorrow. I think they only come home from Barcelona today so she won't be in.
Hope the hangover goes soon BEV. A nice walk should help clear it.
Hope you manage to get in the garden LYNN & get Dillon out without him getting wet.
Shame you have to spend your last day of freedom doing the housework JENNY. Just in time for the men to come home & untidy it again
Whatever everyone else is doing - enjoy
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2014, 08:10 AM
Morning all.
I have got 2 Blackbirds nesting in my garden hedge. There has just been such a commotion as a Magpie was swooping and watching the hedge.
I have been outside with Red Adair trying to chase the Magpie away. I think the Blackbird was more frightened

I hope you all have a good day, Bev I wouldn't mind a punnet of strawberries please!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2014, 08:21 AM
Morning all! Glad of the reminder it is a bank holiday in UK. I am not so likely to get any 'call to work' emails! Not that I've done any for 2 days at least while on CATWOTCH.

Took Bella for a nice long walk at 8am. Got back home sweltering. Ladylike perspiration running into my eyes by the time I got inside. Summer is HERE. (the other indicator that it is here is BRITS ABROAD - it is always the case that the most cringeworthy holidaymakers are Brits - you can depend on them - we have a large party staying here and on the next door development who've come for the wedding of the owners of Max, the C.A.Shep dog - if you think these two

And add a bunch of screaming kids and drunks you will get the picture. Drinking round the pool and shouting from one pool complex over to the other. Climbing over railings instead of using the gates. Clambering around on roofs - glad they are going soon. Dick said I should apply a liberal coat of olive oil to the metal railings ready for their next 'short cut' lol! Would be just my luck for my cat to break her neck going over it if I did that. If it weren't for the pets and wildlife I'd prefer to use a liberal coat of RAT GLUE.

I will skip over all mentions of housework and grass mowing. I will just nip to shops later (even if it is a Bank Hol here which I am not sure about - the Turkish shops don't close and we have both)

Helena that was a very resourceful solution you came up with and as you are likely to end up with a surplus of pads and you've obviously got time on your hands (or should that be hand, singular?) here's a little idea for a bit of therapy for you as to what you can make with the left over pads:

Didn't really get that much sleep and did the longer walk with Bella so am off inside now to stuff my face with some goodies and watch a bit of rubbish on TV. I've had the news on in the background behind me as I sit out here and have now had enough of mass killings in Belgium and the US and the results of the EU elections. Time for Arabsat where even the ads make me laugh! Especially when they are promoting websites for 'wealthy arabs' with all the ads for Cadillacs and such lol!
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »