Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2022, 11:10 AM

Wet Wednesday 02.03.22

Good wet morning all

How is life treating you all?

Work this afternoon and feel rough a headache brewing I think which is not like me don't have normal headaches as such, hope its not foretelling of a Cluster headache attack.

I do wonder having spoken to a friend and he mentioned having a nagging headache if it the unconscious worry of World events.

Have a good day all.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2022, 11:14 AM
Yep wet here as window cleaner just been. Hope your head clears. Stress is a strange thing. Have a good day. And to everyone else.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2022, 12:44 PM
Afternoon all
Been to see Steve, took him a coffee, he looks so tired.....he has worked out this is his 19th day working having only had 3 1/2 days off and they weren't all together. I have told him to get himself back upstairs and see management.
Kazz, hope you don't get a cluster headache.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2022, 04:17 PM
Good afternoon.

Wet day here too, but a bit milder than of late.

If you want stress, I can loan Gary out free of charge to anyone that wants him and if you really want stress I can throw the OH in as a two for one offer. Needless to say, both are driving me nuts today. One wants a tablet that he can use anywhere to video call but with a battery guaranteed to last 24hrs no matter how much it's used for less that £250 and the other is complaining about his son wanting a tablet with a battery ................ You get the picture

Nowt much going on. Waiting for the plumber and electrician to find a slot (hopefully next week) after they've finished getting caravans sorted out to fit a water heater that will service both the bathroom and kitchen sink.

Got a Tesco delivery tonight between 7 and 8 pm which is a shock as they usually roll up between 9.30 and 10 pm

In the meantime, I intend to read and block out OH and son for the rest of the day
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-03-2022, 04:18 PM
Afternoon everyone.
Wet here to. Received the package today to sort Max, Ollie's and Dillon's ashes so they are now posted.
Popped out to get some bits to send off to Ukraine, pot noodles instant hot chocolate, pot noodles etc., and dropped them into the collection point and some baby formula.
We sent some money to a charity set up for Ukranian breeders the other day as they are not leaving and some only had food for two days. Some have puppies on the ground too.

Poor Steve griff.
Hope the headache hasn't got worse Kazz.
Typical brenda clean the windows and it rains.

Stay safe and well everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-03-2022, 04:19 PM
We cross posted Chris. I feel for you would ear plugs help too ?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2022, 04:28 PM
Chris....battery packs!! That's my solution, Steve got one off Amazon, it lasts for hours and you can actually charge your phone quicker than using the mains!!
Lynn, that's really good of you, there's a Slovakian restaurant collecting stuff here, it's the other side of town but will make the effort, maybe Friday.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-03-2022, 04:40 PM
Feel so helpless griff if I could speak Polish I would go to help the refugees.
i would be more hindrance than help though.
We had 4 nice sleeping bags in the loft so we have donated those too, we were going to offer to help sort donations if needed but where we dropped off down the road from us they seemed very organised.

Heard some very sad news yesterday saw one of the dog walkers we know and he was telling me the CollixBearded Collie 18 months old had to be put to sleep last month I think he had a fit and it couldn't be stopped went on all day.
He was a very nervous boy when a puppy but soon grew into his confidence with the help of all the steady dogs and knowledgeable owners helping.
I dropped a card in and they didn't know we had lost Dillon and sent a lovely card back.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2022, 07:12 PM
Awwww Lynn, that's so sad, mums friends dog had epilepsy and lost him due to not being able to stop his fit... horrible disease.
The undertakers who did my dad's mums funeral have set up as a drop off point, there's a bus stop right by it and I can just cross the road for the bus back so we will most likely be putting some toiletries on the shopping.
I must admit, it had crossed my mind to go to the Ukraine, I am a trained mechanic with experience on armoured vehicles....I don't know if I would be of help or if I would end up endangering others...poor health and a very visible physical disability... something for me to consider I guess.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2022, 08:17 PM
A padded cell may work better than ear plugs. He has about 6 powerbanks Kelly, but no he wanted a tablet with a sim card that lasts for 24 hours.

Now I have talked him round to just wanting a tablet (with sim card) that is 'normal' and he will use his power banks and I'll betcha he never uses it enough to need the power bank. He's just been an a*se today and his dad is no better. OH gets way more stressed than me when anything goes wrong and, of course, it's all my fault
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >