Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2007, 11:51 AM

Burns V's Arden Grange

Because i have been SO unwell over the last few months, Blue & Skye have put on weight. They are fed Arden Grange light food, also given less over the last few months. ( i love arden grange & would put them back on it once they have lost the weight)
I keep reading that Burns will help lose weight (high oats).
Is it worth trying them on it. I hate seeing them over weight. Their not too bad but i would like to see them leaner.
Thoughts & views on this will be very much apprecaited
Thanks
Julie
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Burns high Oats definitely works, my Daisy had gained a lot of weight during her last pregnancy, I was feeding her as though she had milk, but she didn't, I ended up hand rearing her litter and had a very overweight Daisy at the end of it.

She was around 17.5kgs!!!! She's been on Burns high oats since September and is now a respectful 12.4kgs
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Anything with high cereal content (i.e. bulk) will help as it fills them up but with bulky foods what you put in one end will come out the other in the same quantities!
Becky
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2007, 03:25 PM
I've just ordered a bag! I like Burns, its just so expensive .
I like it because theres load of fibre which will fill them up.
My partner moans at how little i feed them. Fenns ok. Its just the other 2. They are from show stock, so are more prone to putting on a pound or 2.
I will leave fenn on the Arden Grange. Shes a typical WSD only eats when shes hungry
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2007, 03:28 PM
To be honest, I would keep them on the food you are happy with and increase their exercise ... if you are feeling better now?
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Anything with high cereal content (i.e. bulk) will help as it fills them up but with bulky foods what you put in one end will come out the other in the same quantities!
Becky
I stay away from cereal contents! Especially if its got maize in it. Collies are mad enough without giving them extra rocket fuel!!
Arden grange is more natural. Burns is good because it has a high oat content which will bulk them up, and hopefully decrease their hunger . I'm going to give it a good try. It has twice as much bulk as AG
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Burns and JWB are very expensive compared with AG. AG lamb is £26.99 for 15kg, Burns is £34.65 and JWB is £36.99. Of this AG has the highest lamb content.
I love AG lol!
Becky
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
To be honest, I would keep them on the food you are happy with and increase their exercise ... if you are feeling better now?
To be honest they get too hungry. I'm alot better now thanks. I drove up to the farm with them today. They had an hours running time around the fields. It was the first time i had took them out for 2 1/2 weeks. My OH has been taking them out.
I don't have to rely on my neb anymore (touch wood).
I shall slowly increase their exercise along with mine.
I was welling up watching them run! They give me so much pleasure.
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2007, 03:39 PM
I feed AG light which is £29.99. Burns High Oats is £34.65. So theres not alot of difference in it really. For the sake of £5.00.
AG you have to pay for the deliver £2.95 , Burns is free, so i only have to pay £2.00 more.
If it fills the dogs up, then its worth paying that extra
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2007, 03:47 PM
I do adlib feed mine and have never had a fat dog!
Becky
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >