Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2006, 03:50 PM
hope all turnd out ok thinking of you both
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-12-2006, 03:56 PM
Hope all is well with Beau Shona it could be an abcess, or a blocked Mandibular Salivary Gland, (Amy has problems with a blocked Paratoid Salivary gland, dogs have a number of different ones ) .
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hope all is well with Beau Shona it could be an abcess, or a blocked Mandibular Salivary Gland, (Amy has problems with a blocked Paratoid Salivary gland, dogs have a number of different ones ) .
hi everyone, took him over, the vet had a look and thought it could be an abcess, he was ment to go in tomorow morning to be sedated and have it lanced, when the vet had a look though he put some pressure on and we seen what looked like an entry wound, one of the pups on the last night of the club gripped him by the face, and whilst I had noticed a fat lip on the top I noticed nothing on the bottom, but with dark gums it prob wasn't as noticeable,
anyway got back about an hour and a half ago and as he was allowed tea, started to cook there chicken, noticed he was a bit miserable looking and had started to drool from that side of the mouth, I had another look and some nasty brown guff was leaking from the lump. called James my vet and he said as its draining, he just needs to get some anitbiotics and as he lives out my way he will drop them in on his way home, so saves me a trip back over to get them, he prob wants another look to just to make sure. Worth his weight in gold my vet ,lol. not sure if I should give him his tea though or wait????? just put it in bowls to cool, and he will prob not be here untill 7pm ish,
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2006, 05:05 PM
Glad he seems to be ok Shona. What a great vet you have. Big hugs from us. xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2006, 05:05 PM
Aww, sounds horrible but, hopefully not as serious as it could have been.

I know a lot of antibiotics state give after food or with food but I've also seen them that have to be given on an empty stomach. Sorry, I know thats not being very helpful to your question. Could you give the surgery a ring and ask one of the receptionists to find out for you? Seems a shame to make him wait if he is allowed to have something now.

Your vet sounds like mine, they are definately worth hanging onto once you've found them.

Good luck with his recovery.

Big hugs for him from me and the gang x
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-12-2006, 05:12 PM
That's good that the abcess has started to drain out without being lanced

Should be ok in a couple of days.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2006, 05:17 PM
Glad to hear it was an abcess and nothing more serious. He will be fine I am sure. Your vet sounds like an absolute star!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2006, 05:18 PM
yup he's a bit diff to other vets, he never makes you feel inferior(sp) and often treats you as a knowlageable person, when one of the pups has a puppy murmour he spent ages with a stethoscope(sp) teaching me how to listen for and recognise one,,,, and that took a while,lol as he says though with seven dogs I am a valued customer, and he will not charge me for coming by he has done it before, when my first bitch took eclampsia and had no milk, as it was the weekend (sunday) and he had no calcivit in the surgery he called round other breeders to see if they had some, when he found a breeder with some he went over collected it and dropped it in for me, I have been with him for about 5 years now, after finding out my last vet had lied to me, (my niece was doing work experiance at the vet and they didnt know she was my niece) Since moving I have never looked back, hes a one vet practice with the same locum covering holidays so you know who your getting which is very rare these days,
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
Since moving I have never looked back, hes a one vet practice with the same locum covering holidays so you know who your getting which is very rare these days,
He sounds like one in a million! My vet (also called James!) is a fantastic guy - he is also a one vet practice so you are almost always guaranteed to get James - except for holidays etc.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2006, 05:53 PM
Glad he is now on the mend!
Becky
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >