View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Can I ask what might seem a stupid question? Do you have them scored for health reasons to see if there might be a problem with them or to add to the register? I know some of the Ute people are getting scores together but I couldn't have Loki done with his seizures and anaesthetic.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-08-2006, 01:15 PM
I'm having mine done because they can't go on the register without their hip and eye scores.
I would imagine it would be up to you to whether Loki has his done, obviously you can't use him as a stud (which is a crying shame because otherwise he is a beautiful handsome boy), but it may indicate any skeletal problems that are lurking. Yeah I know, you don't need anymore bad news!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Oh course, breeding, duhhhhhh. Sorry it's been a long day .
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-08-2006, 01:57 PM
Between Carys and Loki it is a wonder you know what day it is....er you do - don't you?
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
Can I ask what might seem a stupid question? Do you have them scored for health reasons to see if there might be a problem with them or to add to the register? I know some of the Ute people are getting scores together but I couldn't have Loki done with his seizures and anaesthetic.

Teagan is spayed, but I still had her hip scored, as I think it's the only way to get an accurate idea of HD in the breed.
Teagan has severe HD, but this needs to be known, and it needs to be known which dogs are being bred with HD etc.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by Pita
PS not wanting to open a can of worms here but how do you get an unregistered dog scored? Is it on the working register?
We've had a debate on this before, weather non-kc dogs can be scared, and the answer was yes.

Any dog can be hip scored with the BVA, even if it's not a regognised breed, or even if it's a mongel, it just won't be recorded like registered breeds, and obviously not used for the same purpose if it's a mongrel for example.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf
Between Carys and Loki it is a wonder you know what day it is....er you do - don't you?
Of course; it's Tuesday, 3 April 2005 :smt040
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-08-2006, 02:58 PM

was that the last time you remember reading a newspaper then?
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur
We've had a debate on this before, weather non-kc dogs can be scared, and the answer was yes.

Any dog can be hip scored with the BVA, even if it's not a regognised breed, or even if it's a mongel, it just won't be recorded like registered breeds, and obviously not used for the same purpose if it's a mongrel for example.
I asked because they normally put an identification number on the plate so the committee know what they are dealing with and that the correct result is returned to the right owner and refers to the right dog. Perhaps the vet uses a code of some sort instead or may be the chip number.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3