Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2008, 09:27 PM

Agility Clubs West Midlands

Hello All,

I was wondering whether anyone might be able to help me. My cousin has been having a bit of a rough time of late, and recently mentioned to me that she'd like to have a try at agility. She has a lovely, small/medium sized, rescue girl, who looks like a collie cross JRT. I think she's about two or three, and she knows basic sommands.

My cousin lives near Brignorth, and although I've found a list, I wondered if anyone could give me any recommendations for good clubs in the area.

Thanks in advance for any help, I think she and her girl would really appreciate it!
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Might be easiest if you list the clubs which are within reach, then if any of us in or out of the area who might know of some of the clubs by name/reputation or might know people from them on the circuit might be able to help with recommendations
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Good idea! Right, don't know the area too well, so some of these might be a little far, but she might travel a bit further if there's a really good club:

Shrewsbury DTC
Allsorts Agility
Dashin Dogs
Lee Gibson Training
Midsomer Agility
Agility Addicts
Barkaway Agility
Beacon ADTC
Bright Stars Agility
Bromsgrove DTC
Dagobar DAC
Dizzy Dogz
Dordale ATS
Equine and Canine Sports Training (Kimbolton)
K9 Krackers Agility
Kidderminster Dog Club
Packington ADC
Penkridge DAC

Phew!
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 12:49 AM
If I had to choose just one I`d say Agility Addicts as I know their training ethics and combined skills knowledge are right "up there".

No, can`t choose just one got to suggest Dizzy Dogz as well by reputation at least.

Some of them on the list I don`t know anything about at all, but these below I do know of and would say they are well worth contacting. Many agility clubs have long waiting lists so its worth getting in touch with all of them to see which have earliest availability.

Shrewsbury DTC
Allsorts Agility
Dashin Dogs
Lee Gibson Training
Midsomer Agility
Barkaway Agility
Beacon ADTC
Bromsgrove DTC
Dordale ATS
Packington ADC

There might well be Dogsey members who have trained at the clubs listed so can give more hands-on insight on those ones for you, [ I`m Southern based ], or who will have competed at some of the clubs shows ie Dashin`Dogs, [ very well known club ], and Dordale.

It does`nt mean there is anything iffy about the rest of the clubs on the list I just don`t know of them myself that`s all.

As with all training clubs, potential members should always visit them first to get a `feel` of the club to make sure its the right one for them
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
If I had to choose just one I`d say Agility Addicts as I know their training ethics and combined skills knowledge are right "up there".

No, can`t choose just one got to suggest Dizzy Dogz as well by reputation at least.

Some of them on the list I don`t know anything about at all, but these below I do know of and would say they are well worth contacting. Many agility clubs have long waiting lists so its worth getting in touch with all of them to see which have earliest availability.

Shrewsbury DTC
Allsorts Agility
Dashin Dogs
Lee Gibson Training
Midsomer Agility
Barkaway Agility
Beacon ADTC
Bromsgrove DTC
Dordale ATS
Packington ADC

There might well be Dogsey members who have trained at the clubs listed so can give more hands-on insight on those ones for you, [ I`m Southern based ], or who will have competed at some of the clubs shows ie Dashin`Dogs, [ very well known club ], and Dordale.

It does`nt mean there is anything iffy about the rest of the clubs on the list I just don`t know of them myself that`s all.

As with all training clubs, potential members should always visit them first to get a `feel` of the club to make sure its the right one for them
Thanks Patch, that's fantastic.. Dizzy Dogz and Agility Addicts are some of the closest too, so that's really useful to know! I'm going down to stay with her, so I'll see if we can arrange a visit to a couple then. As there were so many, I didn't know where to start!
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 12:01 PM
What a small world i live in Telford but grew up in Bridgnorth (had to move due to house prices )

We would like to do agility with our little girl and i have joined the Agility Addicts forum. They seem like a really friendly but compent lot.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
What a small world i live in Telford but grew up in Bridgnorth (had to move due to house prices )

We would like to do agility with our little girl and i have joined the Agility Addicts forum. They seem like a really friendly but compent lot.
How strange! It's lovely down there.. hope you get on well with your girl. Agility Addicts will definitely be on the shortlist!