Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
For goodness sake! There are probably very good reasons why reporting these people doesn't work.

Do you really think the RSPCA don't know they exist and where they are? It is not possible very often to prosecute as no LAWS are being broken.

You and I might not like what goes on but that doesn't make it illegal.

I love these people that sit on nice self rightous mountains telling the people who actually DO something that they should be doing other things.

Where are they when it comes to it?---not gathering evidence to get places closed and not rescuing the dogs that could be helped----just pontificating.

Yuk!

rune
You do not know me personally so do not know what I have done for rescue or infact who I have reported over the years but I note you have not answered my question--------------Would you just keep taking neglected dogs from someone and keep quiet??
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Easy answer---cut out the middle man, stop whinging about it, pay out for the trip to Ireland or Wales, pay out for the medical costs and do it yourself.

Or maybe that is too much like hard work.

rune
Just to reiterate (as previous posts have been wiped and I have every right to defend against accusations), my post was merely factual aimed at a specific poster. You have yet to provide evidence to suggest otherwise.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

12-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I respect you immensely for your work, with greys, but sometimes people with very strong views are a little tunneled in their vision, and cant see any other viewpoint but their own.

Rescues are invaluable they do a fabulous job, its not badmouthing them to have the opinion that in taking in ex breeding bitches , they are solving a problem for a PF.

He offloads his problem and walks away with not a second thought.
JB I do thank you for that but and this is just a oh I dont know but - why? Isnt what I do the same as rescues who take in exbreeding dogs do - do I not make up anotther a space for yet another greyhound to be put through the hell they are?
spot
Dogsey Veteran

12-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
I am just wondering why they keep taking and do nothin about the state of some of the dogs
If you had rehomed a dog from someone down the street that had obviously been neglected and suffering and then few weeks later said someone had a replacement dog Would you continually keep "rescuing" these dogs from said person or actually gather info and report
I take it you have some understanding of what goes on behiind the scenes at these rescues who take on ex breeders and know for a fact that they are doing nothing? Strange because my experience is very different - so maybe you could share>

As I have said before this is a very different scenario to a single owner with a neglected or ill treated dog. The farms have been set up with government backing, they have to abide by the very minimum standard of animal welfare (lets not forget that these are stock animals same as cows, pigs sheep) so the law is very different!

I do agree with Rune - its very easy for people to slate people for taking ex breeding dogs but they come up with no real ways of tackling the problem or what they would rather be done with these dogs.

You accuse rescues of 'keeping quiet' and virtually imply they do nothing about neglect cases - I would very much like to know where you get your information from that they do nothing.= and if you have such proof why are you doing nothing - or are you?

To be honest this thread now smacks of hidden agendas and the very pointed attacks on ONE rescue is disturbing.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

12-11-2011, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by Larrabee View Post
I don't understand the level of aggression towards anybody who says anything other than Many Tears are wonderful and beyond any questioning.
Is there a reason you keep picking on this rescue? There are many rescues that take ex breeding bitches and ex 'working' dogs so why the concentration on just this one?

I be very interested in hearing your opinion on other rescues the RGT for example.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
JB I do thank you for that but and this is just a oh I dont know but - why? Isnt what I do the same as rescues who take in exbreeding dogs do - do I not make up anotther a space for yet another greyhound to be put through the hell they are?

I did not say I DONT respect any rescue for taking in ANY dogs Spot, what I said was , by doing so opens up a"space" for another to take its place, I also said Spot that the head will always rule the heart, and thats understandable.

Originally Posted by spot View Post
I do agree with Rune - its very easy for people to slate people for taking ex breeding dogs but they come up with no real ways of tackling the problem or what they would rather be done with these dogs.

No one is slating anyone or any thing Spot, 1) fact is MT does not home to those who have entire dogs, that not slating its simply voicing part of their policy. 2) the facts are by taking in ex breeding bitches, you open up a place for another, that's not slating it either, its simply stating a fact.

The answer to all these problems is tighter legalization for these people to breed, and discard ... until that happens, the cycle will continue,

And I have every respect for those who do what they can, but it does nto mean I cant see a flaw to it too.
Snoringbear
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-11-2011, 10:48 AM
IMO rescuing ex breeding bitches from puppy farms and buying a puppy from a puppy farm are incomparable. An ex breeding bitch will eventually be discarded and going into rescue is a far better alternative than a brutal death. Either way, she will be replaced. There's no financial incentive for a puppy farmer to put a bitch in rescue, whereas the sale of a puppy is. It's the latter that supports puppy farmers.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

13-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Snoringbear View Post
IMO rescuing ex breeding bitches from puppy farms and buying a puppy from a puppy farm are incomparable. An ex breeding bitch will eventually be discarded and going into rescue is a far better alternative than a brutal death. Either way, she will be replaced. There's no financial incentive for a puppy farmer to put a bitch in rescue, whereas the sale of a puppy is. It's the latter that supports puppy farmers.
But the latter cant do that without the breeding bitches, they are both ends of the same objective. without one , yo cant have the other.
Snoringbear
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
But the latter cant do that without the breeding bitches, they are both ends of the same objective. without one , yo cant have the other.
True, but the main point of my post is that the bitch will be discarded and replaced regardless of a rescue taking her in. I find that a far better moral option than bitch being either being bludgeoned to death with a spade or having her head stuck in a bucket and drowned.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

13-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Snoringbear View Post
True, but the main point of my post is that the bitch will be discarded and replaced regardless of a rescue taking her in. I find that a far better moral option than bitch being either being bludgeoned to death with a spade or having her head stuck in a bucket and drowned.
I agree, and see your point, there is no easy answer really, you have to do it, but also have to accept that by doing so , you are helping them rid themselves of a problem, a bit of being caught between the devil and the sea.
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >