Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2004, 10:17 AM

has anyone ever met anyone famous?

just a question.. has anyone ever met anyone famous?

Ive met Damon Hill, Jim Davidson (complete w*****r) , Kenney Jones (drummer of who & my old boss), Prince Charles and Price Harry (from a distance), Adam Sandler (saw him at disney world), and some other guy i met at new years, i cant remmeber his name but hes in alot of films now.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2004, 10:22 AM
Ive seen Andy mcCluskey Of OMD fame in Woollies in Liverpool years ago, Bob Monkhouse coming out of Marks and Spencers and Ian Wright in the Trafford Centre- also Sammy lee of LFC in Ted Baker, Liverpool-
oh and a couple of Hollyoaks and Brookside actors who drink in lpool citycentre
never spoke to any of them mind you as Im MUCH too cool
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-09-2004, 10:22 AM
Well funny you should say that. Yesterday I went of Friends Reunited and saw that a girl I went to school with had registered. Anyway I read her summary and it said she was now an actress and had changed her name.

It turns out she was the actress who played Cynthia Daggert in Emmerdale (Dannys mum). The thing is everytime I saw her on TV I said I know her from somewhere then one day I saw her in Tesco so I assumed I had seen her there before. But it turns out I went to school with her and sat next to her in a lot of classes.

Iv also met Joe Brown, Des Oconnor, Henry Cooper and Will Carling.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2004, 10:24 AM
the bar i used to work at i had to serve Jim Davidson alot. He is so rude its unreal! Everyone there hated him and we used to fight over who had to serve him! lol.
And Kenney Jones, my old boss, he was so funny.. he was such a laid back guy.. and would sometimes just give me money for no reason, lol.

Damon Hill was also very rude and stuck up!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2004, 10:25 AM
I've met....
Colin McRae, I was a Marshall on Rally GB in 1997.

Richard Burns at Sweet Lamb, were there for the Pirelli championship test day,

Mike Brewer from 5th Gear

Nicky Grist

Unless u like rallying u probably haven't the faintest idea of who I'm talking about.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2004, 10:26 AM
Yes, boxers (not the dog), pro footballers, members of the Royal family, MPs, one of Prince Andrews ex-girlfriends, Dionne Warwick and I think that's it
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2004, 10:43 AM
Well I know you are all going to be so jealous of me, I met Rab-C-Nesbitt (aka Gregor Fisher) they were filming the para handy near to where I lived when I was younger, the elite of showbiz eh .

Burnie Nesbitt (aka Eric Cullen) visited my primary school as my teacher was his old drama teacher - although considering what happened to him later in life I should probably keep that quiet ops:

Billy Connely walking through Buchanan Street in Glasgow several years back, he was nice and very patient although I have to admit even though he is Scottish I dont like his comedey.

I once met Davy Sneddon and Mrs Mac from High Road (although nobody outside Scotland will probably know who these are lol). Gazza when he played for Rangers and Ally McCois several times but apart from that no real famous people lol. The most recent person I saw was Henrik Larsson (I love Larsson) when he was still with Celtic.

Laura
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2004, 10:46 AM
Oh I forgot to add. I was brought up and lived on an Island off the west coast of Scotland up until about 10 years ago and my sister was in high school at the time her teacher was called Mr George. He had an accident and died and it was later discovered he was air to the throne in Yuvoslavia (or somewhere like that) and had run away and become a teacher on Islay to live the quite life so to speak (god knows why lol), he was actually Prince George. Anyway he was a cousin of Prince Charles and Prince Charles and his sons came to visit Islay for the rememberance service, I met him and shook his hand.

Some of you may remember this for other reasons as Prnice Charles at the time took control of teh plane as it came in to land at Islay Airport and crashed it into a neighbouring farmers field

Laura
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-09-2004, 11:25 AM
I met teh guy who used to star next to Lenny Henry in one of his show's... he was abit dippy on the program.
Well he used to bring his car into the garage i worked at for servicing and stuff, he was really polite and nice to talk to.

Coming back from Chesire i think a long time ago... we were on the motorway and i saw this man keep staring over at us, so i gave a filthy look and mouthed something to him... it was Vinny Jones in his Lada

I shook hands with Mel Smith... he knows my cousin, it was really weird and his hands were the size of shovels
kirstyc
Dogsey Junior

15-09-2004, 11:50 AM
I've met Geoff Capes (anyone remember him) and got his autograph, also David Seaman. He lives near me and I bump into him in the local P.O. a lot, he is a really nice guy, and tall!! I got his autograph for my brother as he is a huge fan of Arsenal. When I first met him, I didn't know it was him and I started blathering on about how he could make a lot of money impersonating David Seaman!! Luckily he saw the funny side and still talked to me after that!!
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »