Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2009, 03:46 PM

Horsey People - Anyone Else Been Lazy?

Who else has been as lazy as me this year and not yet started the spring scrubbing??

Both of mine need the curry combs out, they are just moulting in CLOUDS so i must must must get on and give them a thorough grooming this weekend! Im very slack lol

Anyone else still have little hairy mammouths in the field?
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2009, 03:53 PM
I bathed my filly last night - saved me hours of elbow grease, as all the loose hair came off really easily when wet, and there was no cloud of hair and dust floating around me

I generally start doing five minutes a few times a week with a shedding blade as soon as they're moulting in earnest, but my gelding looks like an odd-two tone mammoth at the minute. His winter coat is the colour of dark chocolate and his spring coat is quite chestnut, so he's alternating dark and fuzzy and sleek and coppery in patches!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Who else has been as lazy as me this year and not yet started the spring scrubbing??

Both of mine need the curry combs out, they are just moulting in CLOUDS so i must must must get on and give them a thorough grooming this weekend! Im very slack lol

Anyone else still have little hairy mammouths in the field?
Well as I dont have any , anymore cant answer that, but when we did , we never allowed them to get hairy as they where clipped all winter, and would be just growing the summer coats..
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2009, 04:00 PM
Yeah, so much easier when they are clipped and rugged

As neither of mine are in work (or, only very light work for Charlie) I dont bother clipping them through the winter, and being native types, they are just SO hairy lol!

Lots of scrubbing coming up for me.... I have no running water where they are so cant bath them, that would have made life a lot easier
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Yeah, so much easier when they are clipped and rugged

As neither of mine are in work (or, only very light work for Charlie) I dont bother clipping them through the winter, and being native types, they are just SO hairy lol!

Lots of scrubbing coming up for me.... I have no running water where they are so cant bath them, that would have made life a lot easier
yep, thats why even the old ponies who where in light work would have a full or at least a blanket clip.. would rather rug em up tot he eyeballs than deal with all that mudy fur