Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 06:24 AM
Heehee at least your dog hasn't got a big fluffy curly tail

What idiots, honestly, don't waste your energy even thinking about their stupid comment, I'm really sorry they upset you. They are a waste of oxygen.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 06:30 AM
the OH used to get this all the time when he walked Pops (he is 6'3 and Pops is a fluffy little Rough Collie) I have also had comments about a woman walking a dog like Kerrie being dangerous (Big brindle under control, their dog not!)
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 07:44 AM
I always used to cheer myself up when I lived in a rough area of Newcastle and would get abused by the local youngsters by imagining what their lives were going to be like.
As I gazed at the little Kevins and Leeannes I saw with frightening clarity their future...
from schoolgirl pregnancy to jail time for twoccing, followed by a short wasted life in a fog of cheap cider.
Just be grateful you`re not them.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I always used to cheer myself up when I lived in a rough area of Newcastle and would get abused by the local youngsters by imagining what their lives were going to be like.
As I gazed at the little Kevins and Leeannes I saw with frightening clarity their future...
from schoolgirl pregnancy to jail time for twoccing, followed by a short wasted life in a fog of cheap cider.
Just be grateful you`re not them.
I do love C&D's imput on everything

Although I am considered to be still a baby myself at 19 (20 soon!) I hate what the youth is considered to be these days and how they aren't doing much for themselves I think Example has it right in his new song; "We'll be the leaders of a messed up generation".

I'd ignore them, I had to ignore a bunch of idiots whilst walking Sadie and Louie a few weeks back, I took them to a fenced in field which you have to walk over part of the lake walk to get too - it has loads of scents so Louie can do his own thing and not get into trouble and I can see him the whole time. Anyway I was calling his name and doing some recall with verbal and the whistle and doing some heelwork etc and these kids climbed up on a bridge that pretty much overlooks the field and were shouting his name and whistling I didn't worry, Louie wouldn't have gone to anyone he didn't know - my brother's GF (who he's met several times throughout his life) still calls his name and he'll bark at her and be unsure until I tell him otherwise - so strangers have no chance.
When I still lived at my parents and was about 15 I had to bite my tongue and hold myself back from 7 year olds who were egging on children younger to throw stones at Sadie - we were only walking past! I wanted to take the chain lead she had at the time and wrap it round their necks or at least just hit them with it.

They have no respect and I cannot believe I come from what politicians are calling "this generation".

My OH loves my neighbour's Shih Tzu and also my Bro's GF's Yorkie, but he has a special black lead so he can take them out so he doesn't look gay - which I think is stupid but oh well, however he doesn't mind taking Sadie out on her pink lead but she is considerably bigger and I am normally with him too. I certainly wouldn't class spaniels as girly - have they never seen shooting times? They probably can't read

I would take solace in the fact your dog probably has more brains than theirs and that your dog (don't know gender and I didn't want to say "it") definately has more brains than all of them...
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 09:23 AM
I wouldn't worry about it.

I get strange looks as I go out with my baby in a pram and a GSD either side of me/the pram, and I get abuse, but always from far away enough that the dogs can't "get them". These people are never brave enough to say it whilst standing near the dogs!

They're just idiots who have nothing better to do with their time.

There's a man who walks at a park I go to, and he's a well built, builder looking guy who always wears a high-viz jacket, and he walks three TINY dogs (one of which is super yappy at anything).
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 09:41 AM
There is a guy who lives (or lived -- not seen him in a while!) up the road from me, who has a red nosed Pit Bull and...a Pomeranian. Odd combo of dogs, and quite funny when we see this big burly builder walking a Pit Bull and a tiny Pom.

My dad has walked my tiny 3kg, smaller than your average cat, Yorkshire Terrier. Granted not often and under the cover of semi-darkness, but still.

I work with a guy who is a bit of a mans man. He owns 15 Chihuahuas.

Ignore the idiots. Most of them don't have a brain cell to rub together and there is no conviction to what they are saying.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 09:47 AM
They just uneducated plebs, they are insignificant, i wouldn't even give them a second thought, as C & D says be thankful you are not like them.
Spaniel7
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-08-2011, 08:26 PM
i dont have a problem with walking a cc and i dont dislike gay people i just hate me being discriminated upon because of my dog,i do go further afield its just mostly the quick morning and afternoon ones.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 08:34 PM
no offence but why do you even care if they call you gay? Are they the same age as you?
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
Yes all they can/will do is move them on...but at leat its something

I get The opposite,they don't seem to like to see a 5foot 2 7 stone women walking a wolf it makes them feel inadiquate,they shout thing and try and get him to react..all from a safe distance tho,cos there pooping their pants realy
this happens to me, im actually same height and weight as you and have a bullmastiff, i get lads on skate park shout things to get phoebe to react, i now just walk right up to them and ask them to repeat - they usually poop there pants too
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >