Female 

21-05-2011, 10:49 PM
LOL
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-05-2011, 05:34 AM
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
Speak for yourself!! Our dogs are a full part of our family and have equal respect as our children. They are living beings with a souls as far as I'm concerned. They have all been abused and now deserve every equal bit of love as we do to our children.
They feel pain like our children do and deserve to be nurtured when they are sick or injured.
Our dogs have given themselves to us with no reserve and we owe it to them to see them as more than a hobby!!
I was speaking for myself. My dog is too a rescue and is given all the care I can give him resulting family members calling him my baby. But one day I will be a daddy and though I will do all I can to have the two, three, four or five coexist comfortably if it turned out impossible my children will be priority over my dog
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by AshMan View Post
I was speaking for myself. My dog is too a rescue and is given all the care I can give him resulting family members calling him my baby. But one day I will be a daddy and though I will do all I can to have the two, three, four or five coexist comfortably if it turned out impossible my children will be priority over my dog

Yes there are situations where a hard choice has to be made and may result in an animal being rehomed but the the point of the OP comment was just because the pup is arriving get rid of the children. Too many people take the easy way out.
I wish I had a pound for every time someone asked wen i was getting rid of my pets (3 cats and 3 dogs). Yes if a situation arose where I could not safely keep then apart if if the animal was suffering then I would look at rehomibg them but that would be a final final option until then there is lots if measures I can put in place to ensure we can stay as a family
ATD x
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
Speak for yourself!! Our dogs are a full part of our family and have equal respect as our children. They are living beings with a souls as far as I'm concerned. They have all been abused and now deserve every equal bit of love as we do to our children.
They feel pain like our children do and deserve to be nurtured when they are sick or injured.
Our dogs have given themselves to us with no reserve and we owe it to them to see them as more than a hobby!!
Absolutely agree with this. I don't follow the 'got to have given birth to understand unconditional love' brigade. My dogs are my family too.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by AshMan View Post
I wasn't at all suggesting that your dog should take priority over your children!!!! I was just saying that I see my dogs as part of the family like my children are.
I'm well aware that there are situations where you simply cannot keep your dog....but I work with a rescue and I see dogs that are given up far too easily with pretty lame excuses.
For example, a lady recently gave up a dog, who was only 9 months old because he chewed her shoes!!
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 12:53 PM
My dogs are my children!
Going back to the original thread, quite amusing but very sad too.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3