Female 

28-04-2011, 06:03 AM
So sorry for your loss

x0x
Swisbey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-04-2011, 07:50 AM
Bless you. Run free little Lucy. You will be heartbroken - you had her a long time. She is a huge part of your life.
When I lost our last little girl - suddenly, on a walk I cried solidly for weeks. I had to get it out of my system, but what helped me the most was the absolutely wonderful people on the helpline at Blue Cross. They let me talk for hours and I can't praise them enough. I only wish I had done this when I lost our JR years ago (she was 17).
Do give them a ring. They have all been through the same thing and know exactly how you feel. Just cry - let it out. She will always be with you in your heart, always but the shock and grief will become a little more bearable. I still cry if I look at pictures of the little girl I lost - 3 years ago, but I can remember her happily now when I think about her. BIG HUGS
Lucys mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-04-2011, 07:53 AM
Thank you so much for this lovely poem, made me cry ( yet again) but very comforting at the same time, think I'm going to print it out and keep it with me at all times.
Lucys mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-04-2011, 07:58 AM
Thank you swisbey for that lovely message, your right, being on this site has really helped me in my darkest hours, which are constant at the moment to be honest. Everyone on here that has taken the time and trouble to respond are just wonderful people, being on here is my lifeline. I was thinking of ringing the blue cross so I might just do that now you have said about it, thank you once again.
Swisbey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-04-2011, 08:05 AM
Yes, do give Blue Cross a ring. Thank you for your lovely reply. We have a little Yorkie Cross here. They are precious little beings. Please feel free to vent at me if you need to - knowing other people are with you does help. Much love and hugs. Steph
Lucys mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-04-2011, 08:12 AM
Thank you so much steph, would like to talk more to you but dont know how to send private messages on here?? So nice you have a yorkie they are beautiful, what is yours crossed with? Diane
Swisbey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-04-2011, 11:51 AM
Hi Diane, Happy to talk to you. Normally when you click on a name i.e. Lucy's Mum (the one of the left) it brings down a box saying private message amongst other things. Yours doesn't do that, so wonder if you need something else in your profile. Try it on mine and see if it works and that way I may be able to reply direct.

Maia is a yorkshire/poodle - nearly 3 years old. Birthday in May. We also have Libby, Golden Retriever who will be 15 in August - she is getting v. elderly now and we also have a Chihuahua in the house - my daughter's 21st birthday present. A little small, but v. intelligent.

Anyway, try the private message box and we will take it from there.
Lucys mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Hi Steph, just tried that, it does'nt give me that option, but just noticed at the top of my screen that I have to put 20 posts on here before I can send messages!! So not quite sure what else to suggest. Hope we can stay in touch though. How awful that your dog died suddenly on a walk, I knew that Lucy was'nt well but it still didnt make it any easier. I sometimes feel like I'm going crazy, its 2 weeks tomorrow and it seems like only yesterday. Your maia is probably about the same size as Lucy then, she was part cavalier king charles.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Am so sorry and thinking of you (x)
boxergoggins
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-04-2011, 08:03 PM
Im so sorry youve lost dear Lucy.

I can feel your hurt and loss and yes in time it will not feel as "raw" as it does right now. But Im not sure how to help you right "now". Its prob a good idea to speak to someone who will understand. So many of my so called "friends" do not understand the bond you have with a pet and Lucy was a huge part of your life wasnt she? Hope you manage to ring the Blue Cross and just let go of all your feelings.

I lost Paige (my boxer) at 7 years old very suddenly on Jan 24th this year. I still cry every single night. I miss the presence of my best friend. Luckily, I have my other boxer who takes my mind off of her during the day.

Just take one day at a time...sending you massive hugs x
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >